PDA

View Full Version : Help with polygon modeling

JetStrike
07-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I am working on a space craft model using box modeling. I dont have much experience in modeling, and I have gotten to a point where I want to create a polygon by selecting 4 verticies. Im using 3ds max 5, and Im wondering if there is a way to do this. Look at my image... there is no polygon there where those 4 points are, and I want to know if you can create a face there. Someone please tell me if this is possible.

http://yourpic.net/index.php?action=directshow&id=xour62t90l&showresized=yes

Dark-Angel
07-02-2004, 09:41 PM
do you have the meshtools? if you do if i remember right theres an option to close holes like that.

Lentil
07-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Make sure you are working on an editable poly object (If not right click on your model and click Convert to then Editable poly)

Go to Polygon sub level (the little red square in the modify panel) and scroll down and click create then click on each of the four vertices.
Or, Go to Border sub level (the little red lasso thing in the modify panel) and scroll down and click Cap.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.