PDA

View Full Version : model sheet

pabbloz
02-01-2002, 04:27 AM
hello....I'm a 3D modeller and animator...or that I try....

I write this thread to suggest why not do a collaboration between 3D and 2D people.
Mainly,... I would like there was a section where guys post model sheet of cool characters ready to build in 3D.
It could be a good idea I think.
Me, for example... I don't know draw and without references is more difficult obtain good results.... and other people can't build his character en 3D but they can draw very good. do you understand me?

uff... my english is not too good. be patient. ;)

element412
02-01-2002, 07:09 AM
that's great cause i often draw lots of things that i really havent the time to put in 3d. if i can get the hand on a scanner ill upload you some skektches.

element

crgquest
02-06-2002, 06:01 AM
Hola Pablo. My name is Cgrquest. I feel your post is a great one. Sometimes I tend to have days where I draw, and other days I like to Model. I just started to model recently. I sometimes wish I had someones elses drawings. If you get this ball rolling with your idea,let me know. I'm in. QUOTE]Originally posted by pabbloz
hello....I'm a 3D modeller and animator...or that I try....

I write this thread to suggest why not do a collaboration between 3D and 2D people.
Mainly,... I would like there was a section where guys post model sheet of cool characters ready to build in 3D.
It could be a good idea I think.
Me, for example... I don't know draw and without references is more difficult obtain good results.... and other people can't build his character en 3D but they can draw very good. do you understand me?

uff... my english is not too good. be patient. ;) [/QUOTE]:D

pabbloz
02-06-2002, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure if I understood well,... anyway... This post is an intent to practice the real life:
-2D artists design characters and they must do it with a model sheet.
-3D artists must model characters using model sheets. The result must be the most similar to the sketches.

I think in the most of the enterprises this is the way to work, so if you want apply for a job, I think you must demostrate you can model a character of a model sheet or you can design a character and do for it a model sheet.

This idea could be similiar to the challenge but with model sheets.
One person post a design and the rest of people post the model. Always can be a winner if you want. :)

opinions are welcome!

element412
02-07-2002, 04:40 AM
thats great again. cause i love making lots of details from diff. views of my concept. i think i could do u a model sheet some time. just give me an idea. but i think that this shouldnt turn into a contest. lets just call it an artist colaboration.

element

pabbloz
02-07-2002, 05:15 AM
ideas?....
mmm..

I love cartoon characters (like my icon).
I like funny robots.

What about a robot who arrived to our age (it was an accident, he didn't know that door was the door of a Time Machine!) and he's very confused... he's like a baby who discover all things because they're not like in his previuos time.

The primiteves are very funny too,.... something similar to de Flinstoons.

Could be a mix too... for example... primitives robots. hehe with dinosaurios-robot

mm,..I'm not inspirated now... but maybe this brings you an idea.
I'll try post some ideas in the followings days.

jambhala
02-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Pablo!!! ¿Qué haces aqui? hahaha (let's write in english :) ) How are you? Here you will learn a lot, there is great professional (and not professionals) artist. Welcome :)

P.S.- I have found a programmer who will conect Jackie With my lightwave !!!! YEAH!!! Arnold is the past (too slow man...) i'll send you some stuff rendered with jackie from LW :D

pabbloz
02-07-2002, 11:48 PM
jambhala?! are you questing me what I'm doing here?
I've post 58 messagges and you 1 !!!! :D :D

but you're right... here I'm learning a lot...
or all people are great artists, o here are the best.... anyway... the level is very hight

P.S. I'm very happy you can use jackie with LW. Does David Know it?

Finally... remember this thread is about model sheets!!! :p

Totitch
02-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Good idea Pabbloz....

ok to do model-sheets...
Waiting for a good idea! :)

pabbloz
02-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Totitch, do you think you need ideas!!!?

Your last post in 2D, remember? (the tiny alien and the apple). That's really cool! You have fantastic ideas and design characters very good.

Come on!. I've seen from you and your friends the most cool cartoon designs ever! I've already told you, haven't I? ;)

Totitch
02-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks a lot pabbloz!

Are you ready to work if i send you a model!
For the post apocaliptic challenge for exemple...It's not to late!

Give me your preferences for the PA character...
Big-small-thin-ugly-goofy,etc...

NANONEEN
02-11-2002, 06:18 PM
here I come
ready or not !
ready to "modelsheet"
the more cartoon character you've ever seen!!!
OOUUUHHHHHH!!!!! YEEEEEEESSSSS !!!! BAAABBYYYYYYYYY !!!

Sangotten
02-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Hey Pabbloz!

I love your idea! Because I love making concept work but my modeling skills are not good enough to turn them in to 3D. I wanted to enter this months challenge but I gave up... so now I have character concept for anyone who wants to use it!

http://sangotten.netfirms.com/wip-apoc1.jpg

If anyone dicides use this one, let me know so I can supply you with more sketches and info.

Greetz....

pabbloz
02-11-2002, 07:27 PM
hey!!! that's cool! there already are designs!! cool!! I'm going to put an announcement in the challenge forum for they come here to search ideas. Thanks Sangotten!

Totitch and Nanooteen! you're really good friends :)

If you send me a model sheet for the challenge maybe it's not too late! I can participate too!

I like the really funny cartoon characters over all.
Specifications?... well... I think if the character is thin it will be easier then to animate. So I would prefer thin than fat.
If the character is thin... maybe he would be tall too.
Goofy is a good idea too hehe.

Anyway,... I don't mind if he or it is for the challenge, but I think a robot could be nice.

It's up to you! (-->it's your decision)

Thanks to all.

TwoFlower
02-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Sangotten

you're design are between elita(gunnm) and vegeta(dragon ball)...

can you draw something new ??
a little green mutant with an apple for example... (:))
(rhhhaaaa.. Totich, you're my god :) )

TwoFlower
02-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by pabbloz
If you send me a model sheet for the challenge maybe it's not too late! I can participate too!

i can't draw some model sheet but if Totich or Nanoteen want.. we can find some idea....

we speak about Post-Apocalipse in the challenge..
so i think to the 4 Apocalipse Knights...
Death, Pestilence, War.. and the fourth...don't remember
Famine maybe

what about modelling them (or at least, one of them) in a pure cartoonish style...

Sangotten
02-11-2002, 10:12 PM
TwoFlower....

I take your remark as a compliment...I love anime/manga! But If you want to see something original....hmmmm that's not gonna be easy.... Take a look at my homepage maybe there may be something original?

www.gillesketting.cjb.net <<my site (http://www.gillesketting.cjb.net)

:D

Totitch
02-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Hi Pabbloz!!!

Here is the model i promized to you...

Good modelisation now!!! :D
i 've tried to make what you told me...
He is thin and goofy but only his arm is robotic!
The other one is Gloubiboulga!!! :D

http://mapage.noos.fr/totitch/Pabbloz.jpg:D

stipen
02-12-2002, 03:09 PM
great design Toshshtitichtcewicz.....But try to think about your real job too...You have a lot of work to do right here and the boss is not happy at all!!!! Be careful totash !!!!
Hey Pabbloz , stop saying totitch he's good !!! His head is getting bigger and bigger ...It has become impossible to work with him now!!

Come on tosshhtik !!

NANONEEN
02-12-2002, 03:15 PM
hey! if you all want to know how strostriksh is looking like, just see his self portrait: the same noise and teeth, and the same russian hat all day long !!!

Totitch
02-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Ahhhahahahahahhahaha!!!

Hey conna'(Connard avec l'accent qui tue),So my head is getting bigger?

And you...it 's your stomac!!! :D
You really look like your model now...

(Entre temps Nanoneen a du enchainer normalement...C'est le petit chier chier a son stipou ça!Hein?)

NANONEEN
02-12-2002, 03:21 PM
ouaf! ouaf!!!!

Totitch
02-12-2002, 04:25 PM
And for the left arm, i was just inspired by Nanoneen's one!!!

i think he has got a problem...
So don't be so hard with him!
it's not easy to draw with a handicap like this! :D

NANONEEN
02-12-2002, 04:32 PM
sure, it's not easy! but is it easier to draw with your nose strocksytchivinovitch ?....euh...could be....

Totitch
02-12-2002, 04:41 PM
I 've just made the rought with my nose...
clean and colors were made with my foot!

pabbloz
02-12-2002, 04:44 PM
OH - MY - GOD - ! :eek: :eek:

man,... are you superman? have you drawn him in one night?!! You will be my winner.... that's incredible!

There are a LOOOOT of work here!,... I don't have much time to do it... but I will try it!! because you did this design for me... so it's my responsability!

I think the nexts nights I'll sleep only a few minutes :D :D

If I do this,.... I'm sure I'll win!!! and the Oscar (r) will be for you! :D

I love Gloubiboulga !!

I will start this night!!!

(good detail: viva espana !! haha)

NANONEEN
02-12-2002, 04:45 PM
and how did you made the blur? with your tongue?

Totitch
02-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Pabbloz:

It's not so complicated...maybe you must start by the character...
The rest is only primitives!
Happy that you like it! it's in your hands now...
We are waiting for you in the CgChallenge!

Nanoneen:

Not with my tongue...With my eyes!
(c'est trop bon...la texture du papier et l'encre dans les yeux...Aprés ça m'gratte!!!)

Jonny Bubonic
02-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Great idea, dude.

Good chance for people not in the industry to get to see their work taken to a finished stage. Good chance for people in the industry to work on something different...

pabbloz
02-20-2002, 07:10 PM
for the people who is interesting.... I'm doing the design of Totitch in the Challenge forum.
To visit, look my signature (down).

Totitch
02-20-2002, 08:20 PM
And for the people who are motivated for the P-A Challenge(HurryUp,it's not too late!!!),I'm ready to design an other one!
and there is maybe other people who are ready too???

No???????.........

I'm ok with all graphic style and idea,so waiting...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.