PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Girl!!!

Rod28Pereira
07-01-2004, 07:14 PM
lHi People,

Well, I am putting here at the forum one newer image.
Is a poster of one of the characters of a secret project that soon, I will speak more about.
I painted using only the Painter 8, using gouache and, I took a week of work to finish the illustration.
Well, I hope you like and, soon I will put more images.
My Website - www.hexen27.hpgvip.ig.com.br

Take Care,

A great hug for all,

Rod Pereira.http://www.hexen27.hpgvip.ig.com.br/works/isabellepin-up.jpg

Garma
07-01-2004, 10:38 PM
great work, beautiful colors and nice eye for detail. I think the blue on the lady's face is too much, making her look sort of dead-skinned.

theCloudmover
07-02-2004, 12:21 AM
An interesting juxtaposition of backgroung and foreground character. If you are trying to show that she is floating above the water you got it. However, if you are creating a montage and the background is just another element I would suggest that you make the B/G a bit more monotone. Nice pix.

Rikaro
07-02-2004, 04:45 AM
wow nice work..
very nice char indeed

Rod28Pereira
07-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Well, in first place I would like to thank for all criticize that you did, this helps me a lot to grow stiller as artist.
This was my first painting using Painter 8, it is really more difficult of working than Photoshop 7, because I cannot open many layers, because if no, the computer begins to be slow.
But that is cool, because it is more similar to the process of painting in the paper, where you cannot make many mistakes, CRTL+Z doesn't exist in the paper.... hehehehehe.
Hey Mark, I liked yours criticizes, because really the scenery behind, is alone one more element, she is not leaving the water, I should really have made the scenery more monotone, I will make this in the next paintings.
And, I entered in your site, you have a very good work also. but you have to put the images in your site, larger, I want to see the details of your painting.
And as for the blue in her face in the bottom, I really exaggerated, but it is that really I am still learning how to use the painter, I promise that in the next painting it will be better, well at least I will try.
Well, thanks to all and soon I will put more images of this project.

A BIG hug to all,

Rod.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.