PDA

View Full Version : gmask's posts invisible

JamesMK
07-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Odd thing seen by me and at least one other user... gmask seems to be stuck in some kind of mega-stealth mode resulting in his posts being entirely invisible, as in not there, as in totally absent.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is a message from the international Swedish-German bug spotting league, thanks for your time!

Rei Ayanami
07-01-2004, 07:39 PM
He may have gone and gotten a life and stopped spamming here...?

JamesMK
07-01-2004, 07:45 PM
:D

Nope, I mean even all the old posts are impossible to see. That aside, I kind of enjoy his posts... nuff said :)

Rei Ayanami
07-01-2004, 10:29 PM
That happened to shade as well, i think the DB must be falling appart !_!

LEO!!!

JamesMK
07-01-2004, 10:33 PM
i think the DB must be falling appart !_!

OMFG!! Medic! Meeeeeeeeedic! :D

Rei Ayanami
07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
panic! PANIC!

JamesMK
07-01-2004, 10:50 PM
http://www.spiked-online.com/images/panicButton.gif

Rei Ayanami
07-01-2004, 10:59 PM
/me flounders and totally misses, instead hitting a big red button marked :

PANIC!

lazzhar
07-01-2004, 11:08 PM
It seems that many old post gone too. Some threads are not there at all !!
panic! PANIC! panic! PANIC!

JamesMK
07-01-2004, 11:11 PM
http://members.aol.com/kmgames/halloween/panicbut.gif

gmask
07-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Spooky I'm invisible.. all my posts are still here though???

Rei Ayanami
07-02-2004, 12:20 AM
ok the support forum page shows that gmask was the last to post, but i dont see his post...

/me headbuts that panic button

gmask
07-02-2004, 12:33 AM
ok the support forum page shows that gmask was the last to post, but i dont see his post...

/me headbuts that panic button
I feel like a noobie..

gmask
07-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Can you see me, touch me, feel me..

So I'm back.. I was in some strange user mode but admin fixed it YAH!

flyingP
07-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Yep gmask seems you back :thumbsup: , wonder how many more ghosts we have in here :D

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Gmask - Right on! It's ALIVE :scream:

flyingP - Hmm... Interesting question... Maybe loads of people posting and participating in discussions, yet nobody else can read it.... he he... that is both tragic and hilarious at the same time :eek:

flyingP
07-02-2004, 11:36 AM
hmmm that's odd I could have sworn that JamesMK had posted something in here :eek:

:D

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 02:33 PM
hmmm that's odd I could have sworn that JamesMK had posted something in here :eek:
Waahaa! Just what I expected to see here soon enough :applause:

flyingP
07-02-2004, 03:16 PM
:eek: see it's happened again, James, James.......speak to me buddy......or do we all have to sit around a table and hold hands and stuff :scream:

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 03:24 PM
This is pretty good after all... Now what's the equivalent of the girls' locker room on a forum like this? That's the first place to sneak into...

flyingP
07-02-2004, 03:27 PM
naaah most of the girls are invisible in here too :sad:

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Hmm... I wonder if they would ever lock a thread in the support forum? :curious:

gmask
07-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Can you hear me now?

Good!

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Can you hear me now?
Now WTF was that? I can swear I just heard someone saying something :argh: .... eerie!

flyingP
07-02-2004, 05:41 PM
was just the wind :D

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Reminds me of that old Spinal Tap song "Break like the wind"

flyingP
07-02-2004, 06:13 PM
broken wind huh?

yeah I've been known to get that on occasions :blush: ......the dog too

gmask
07-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Reminds me of that old Spinal Tap song "Break like the wind"
It was also the title of the album

http://spinaltapfan.com/atozed/TAP00069.HTM

My favorite quote is:

"but mine goes up to eleven"

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 06:29 PM
- "Yeah, but don't you think that eleven on yours is just about as loud as ten on the ordinary ones?"
-- silence --
- "Er... mine goes to eleven."

gmask
07-02-2004, 06:36 PM
- "Yeah, but don't you think that eleven on yours is just about as loud as ten on the ordinary ones?"
-- silence --
- "Er... mine goes to eleven."
LOL.. I had a piece of crap amp once that I wrote 666 at the high mark.. playing it in my dorm room was as if satan's amp had been unleased.. there was one phone for the floor in the hallway and I would get phone calls from three stories down asking who the hell is making all that noise!

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Waahaa! Three stories... that's a pretty good range... no doubt thanks to da numba of course :thumbsup:

gmask
07-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Waahaa! Three stories... that's a pretty good range... no doubt thanks to da numba of course :thumbsup:Well that and the fact that my room was next to the stairwell.. plus concrete floors tend to act as drum heads for low frequencies. At some point somebody on our floor had acquired a bowling ball and at various time of the day you could hear it rolling arund or being thrown down the stairs.

Bowling balls are pretty tough ..I don't think they ever managed to crack it. This was in kansas city MO and there is a large part of KC that is or was abandoned including this train yard where we discovered a pile of high impact explosives. What they were actually is called a track torpedo and they are used by clipping onto the tracks and when the train rolls over it explodes signalling the engineer to stop the train.

Anyway I was afraid of them but my rather pyromaniacal buddy of mine filled his coat pockets with them and went back to the dorm with the intent of cracking the bowling ball. At first he tried dropping the ball on small chunks and then eventually I think he tried throwing the ball at a whole packet but I wasn't around for that.

BTW KCMO has or had one of the loosest policies for the storage of hazardous and explosive materials in the US. At some point during the year I was there half a dozen firetrucks were vaporized in an explosion when they were called to a construction site to put out a fire .. unbeknownst to them there was a pile of explosives in the burning building they were trying to put out. The explosion blew out glass windows over a mile away. Later that year someone donated a used icecream truck to the KCMO hazardous waste disposal team..it was their first and only vehcicle at the time.

Rei Ayanami
07-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Gmask : welcome back all your posts are visible again!!!

"mine goes up to eleven" <=- love that film.

I think there may have been a locked thread in here before, but im not sure ^_^

dont think anyone cares enough anyway, (im gona get this locked now i bet!)

flyingP
07-02-2004, 07:33 PM
(im gona get this locked now i bet!)

almost certainly if you post a picture of the girls locker room :D

JamesMK
07-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Later that year someone donated a used icecream truck to the KCMO hazardous waste disposal team..it was their first and only vehcicle at the time.
- Hey, are you sure this is the strawberry slurpee I ordered?
- Um... yeah, sure! Hey, keep that cigarette away will ya?

gmask
07-02-2004, 07:54 PM
- Hey, are you sure this is the strawberry slurpee I ordered?
- Um... yeah, sure! Hey, keep that cigarette away will ya?
I want to imagine that icecream might be a pretty good for putting out fires but then again it's got sugar in it which is a fuel of sorts so probably not.

Or maybe it was that they were so incompetent that instead of trying to stop the fire they sell icecream to bystanders watching the fire.

Anywa the main problem is that there was no registry or where any of these materials were being kept. That was 15 years ago ..I an only hope things have changed since then.

Stillwell
07-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Sorry guys if I've skimmed through all those posts (hehe), but on a more serious note, anyone remember e=mc2?

I can't see ANY of his posts anymore. What happened to the guy anyways?

JamesMK
07-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Sorry guys if I've skimmed through all those posts (hehe), but on a more serious note, anyone remember e=mc2?

I can't see ANY of his posts anymore. What happened to the guy anyways?
Unless my alzheimers gone worse over the last months or so, the above mentioned member was exposed in some sort of scandal involving fake photos and whatnot...

CGmonkey
07-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Unless my alzheimers gone worse over the last months or so, the above mentioned member was exposed in some sort of scandal involving fake photos and whatnot...
hehe yeah.. he / "she" was banned I think :)

Hehe.. I kinda feel ignored.. ^^

gmask
07-10-2004, 05:34 PM
hehe yeah.. he / "she" was banned I think :)

Hehe.. I kinda feel ignored.. ^^
What did their avatar look like?

JamesMK
07-10-2004, 06:36 PM
What did their avatar look like?
At some point, like a teen hottie :)

gmask
07-10-2004, 06:38 PM
At some point, like a teen hottie :)
Oh. I dunno... seems like there are enough people with pictures of girls butts in panties that they are hard to tell apart.

JamesMK
07-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh. I dunno... seems like there are enough people with pictures of girls butts in panties that they are hard to tell apart.
Aw, you've got it all wrong... it's their own butts in those panties :D

gmask
07-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Aw, you've got it all wrong... it's their own butts in those panties :D
Well I guess I can't allway be sure it's a guy with those avatars but if that's the case ...:eek:

Rei Ayanami
07-11-2004, 10:45 PM
e=mc2 did have mainly anime avatars, but it was on the forums almost a year ago now, its gone quickly!

It was most remembered by posting pics of it'self in the pictures thread (rip? :P) which were stolen from somone else and replaced with some not so nice pictures... Thread went down hill banning commenced.

Secretasianman where are you?!

Stillwell
07-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Well, I still don't get why ALL of his posts were removed.

I have found myself more than once reading older threads, and then "what the hell, have i missed something" only to realise that there used to be an e=mc2 post there.

JDex
07-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Best thread in months! Glad to have you back gmask.

gmask
07-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Best thread in months! Glad to have you back gmask.
LOL. it's good to be back..of course I wouldn't have known I had left if it weren't for this thread!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.