PDA

View Full Version : Game Heroes - Redux

samgrice
07-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi guys.

I'm re-working and adding to my Legacy of Evil Charatcers i did a month or so back. I want to make the characters more original and improve them if i can.

You can find the original thread Here: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=143697

The first up is Greg the troll, I have given him a helmet, axe and shield. I was going to change his face structure and skin colour as i thought he looked to much like shrek, but after seeing shrek2 last weak i decided that the resembalance was minimal. (his body shape and proportions ar totally different and his skin is ina very different style). I'm planning on making an alterative version of him however with fire skin and a purple rock-back.

http://www.samgrice.co.uk/stuff/Greg---Redux-by-Sam-Grice.jpg

Tell me what you think, thanks.

Slythis
07-01-2004, 08:45 PM
very cool man, like you textures alot, i'd add some batterings to the helmet though, face looks a bit shrek-ish like ya said, but it is minimal so i wouldn't really worry about it. looking forward to his next variant! great work man!

Johny
07-01-2004, 09:08 PM
i like it a lot, but i would add some bump, and dirt to his face, maybe some blood spatters of the poor guys he may have slaughtered :P

mindrot
07-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Looks great. Love that green. The only thing that seems to throw it off is the mouth: the expression is awkward (work on the shape abit). Possibly make the teeth bigger and yellower/dirty, as they look like they are just painted on white.

I agree: dent up the helmet and age it a bit.....

Great texturing sam.... :D

samgrice
07-02-2004, 10:51 AM
thanks guys, i was thinking of making him more dirty/battleworn, but decided that you dont normally get that with hero characters in games. think of link in any of the zeldas, or the LOTR games, the main character dosnt recive damage or get dirty no matter how many people the kill.

Also this would one of many set ups you could have for the troll ala link again.

cheers

ill_logic
07-02-2004, 07:06 PM
i can understand both sides of the helmet dirt/battleworn thing, however, it's weird because his shield (and from what i can see of the ax) both look worn already & his helmet looks as though it's brand spanking new. i'm not saying that it's gotta be dented all to hell or anything, but it doesn't seem to match, you know? do one or the other (though i suggest the worn thing, he's an ogre, not some prissy elven archer lol i think he'd be in there taking some pretty decent hits), but whatever you decide, i'd say make his weapons & helmet match better

-J

senor freebie
07-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Nice work Sam ... long time no see

Neil
07-20-2004, 01:17 AM
the mouth looks a little to 'shrek-ish', he kinda looks friendly and not scary. That's the impression i got.

senor freebie
07-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Maybe if you could make the helmet more ornate and 'evil' looking, combined with some scarring, blood and chipping then you'd lose the shrek look.
I'm not saying its a strong resemblence, but yer thats how I'd change it if I had the skill.

samgrice
07-21-2004, 11:47 AM
thanks guys, hi freebie!

um hes sopossed to be a good guy hes a GAME HERO thats why hes got nicer looking face than most trolls.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.