PDA

View Full Version : Link to image

Markski
07-01-2004, 03:26 PM
First I must say that I did indeed read the fine rules, however, "I MAY NOT post attachments" according to the posting rules. (if this can be changed, please let me know)

If this thread does stay on for more than 60 seconds, I would appreciate harsh criticism of the image titled "The Cove" located at www.markski.50megs.com (http://www.markski.50megs.com/) under the "Photos" section.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Profane
07-01-2004, 03:40 PM
...dunno....it's a little bit corny for me that image,you should practice more on lighting and try to make your objects/models look more 'organic'.anyway this was just my humble opinion.keep it up!

SlashTen
07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
It is a good image, but somehow it just doesn't do it for me. You could try reducing the bloom/haze effect and making the clouds a little more apparent. Also, the ground in the foreground looks kind of flat. More, thicker grass might help.
If you feel like doing a serious overhaul on the image, you ought to try to break up the symmetry in the foregroud image. Right now you have trees and a red bush on both sides, with rocks and bushes, all of the same general size, strewn in between. You could put just a thicket on one side or you could make a different kind of tree. Reduce the number of little bushes and increase the size variation. I don't know how things look in Montreal, but I live on a little mountain in Alabama and wherever there is flowing water, the erosion exposes boulders of every size and even bedrock in places. The rocks you have now look good, but there isn't enough variation. You could but a big, flat rock on one side, maybe having it going beyond the edge of the picture. Don't make it so big or jutting that it attracts attention away from the water. I think that is one of the image's strong points.
In fact, you might also change the camera angle so that more water and less bank is exposed. If that looked ok, you may not need to change anything on the bank at all.

/slash

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.