PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 8: BlackQueen Selene- X-men (Hellfireclub)

Isabelle
07-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Lets see if this works...

Isabelle
07-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Well, it seems to work, so I will try to add some images on my chosen subject, Selene. I will make her as she looked when she first became Hellfireclubs BlackQueen. I like the way she always smiles and still looks so evil...

My favorit Hellfire charachter thouh, is Tessa, but she turned out to be a spie for Xavier, and on the good side. And we cant have a good person as a villan, can we?!
: )

Isabelle
07-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Hmm..
selene!

Isabelle
07-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Im been working like mad, and made some progress!

Im done with the model (2999 polygoner...). If I had more time, I might have tried other solutions for distributing the polygones, but for now, this will have to do.
I attach tumbnails of:

* the modell in an early stage and the done version.
* wireframe pictures of the model, front, side and persp.
*A texturing test.

The texture is very cartoonish and very dark and with few details. I dont know if I should keep it this "simple" or go for a more photographis style....

AndyH
07-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Nice!
She looks a lot like the reference, and certainly looks evil. The simplified textures kinda make it look like theyre unfinished - i should go nuts and make it look as good as you can.
There are a lot of unneccesary polys from the look of the wire, but if youre filling the poly budget, then so be it! Its just that it woulda been nice to optimise it more so that you could be commended for getting the shape in fewer polys than required.
Also, has she got a whip on that one ref pic?

Dargon
07-02-2004, 01:42 PM
It looks really good! But I agree with Andy, it does look a touch on the unfinished side. My main suggestions would be to add shading to her skin, but to do it in the style of comics, with very clean, defined shadows, rather than realistic. Her legs seem a bit cylindrical, I think they could use a bit more subtle curves to fit the muscles that would be in there. And lighten the black to a really dark colour, and bring out those highlights - once again, clean, graphic shading will really make this peice pop!!

ElysiumGX
07-02-2004, 05:18 PM
You designed that rather quickly. Great work. The texture looks somewhat unfinished...but it may just be bad lighting.

Isabelle
07-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Thanks for all the input! And of course yoy are right. It do show that its done in haste...

The polygones are not optimezed...
the textures need alot of work...

Unfortunatly, I probably wont have the time to do it in time for the competition, as Im working all weekend.
: (

Isabelle
07-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Some more modelling!
I have taken the time to optimize my charachter. Its now 2892 polygones, and have a whip.

Isabelle
07-04-2004, 11:26 PM
And some more texture!

Isabelle
07-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Iv kept on working on this lady..

But I think this will have to do for now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.