PDA

View Full Version : XSI script reference books anywhere???

icedeyes
07-25-2002, 12:28 PM
I am making my first steps into real scripting for XSI but i have a major problem.... There is no reference booklet... Not even in the manuals.... How am i supposed to know how to write a proper script if i don't know, for example: how the program understands its current selection in script???.... It is frustrating... I can write a script for a specific object but I can't make the program realise that i want it to apply it, say, to my current selection..... My question is: Is there ANY refernce booklet to the xsi script like Visual studio has MSDN library or Director has the lingo dictionary???... Please reply cause there are some things that xsi does not do and the only solution is scripting... Thanks in advance.....

ray
07-26-2002, 07:54 PM
I found a scripting reference hidden somewhere in the online library--

It's here: C:\Softimage\XSI_2.02\Doc\XSI\wwhelp\js\html\frames.htm

Good luck!:beer:
Ray

icedeyes
07-28-2002, 08:28 AM
thanks ray..... Is that a shot from money for nothing??? the first clip with 3d.... Amazing...

Array
07-28-2002, 08:44 AM
ummmm.........xsi uses javascript and vbscript for scripting.......get a book on one of those.....

ray
07-28-2002, 09:54 AM
Oh,here's more links... this is a very good reference on JS/VBS..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

Yes it's from the Dire straits clip! Older generations might remember.... ;) hehe

Ray

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.