PDA

View Full Version : Posting Reply: 10 char error

AgentPrometheus
06-30-2004, 07:04 AM
When I try to post a reply, even if its longer than 10 letters, a dialog pops up when i hit submit and says: "Please lengthen your message to 10 characters"

What is happenning? Any help appreciated.

Kirt
06-30-2004, 08:56 AM
New feature of vBulletin that culls the fanboy posts. No more ...

"u roXXor :bounce:"
"Awesome! :thumbsup:"
"I luv it :love:"
etc.

Add more to your post, make your comments count and you won't get this error. Sorry, no nice way of saying that I guess.

AgentPrometheus
06-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Kirt, If you had actiually read the post thoroughly, you would have noticed that I did not try to post some message like: "u roxxor!" I said that my posts were more than 10 characters, like this one which I hope will post, because I am using a different comp.

Kirt
06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Do you want my help or not?

I read your post thoroughly and never said that you were posting such messages, only that this was the reason for the new feature and how to avoid it.

If you are having problems on a specific computer/OS with this error it would be more helpful to provide that specific info. We are not mind readers nor miracle workers.

Simply stating that your foot hurts won't always get a cure from a doctor. He'll ask, "Did you step on something? Did something fall on it? Do you have any blisters? Is it facing the right direction (toes forward)?"

Looking through your post history, I can see you've had 7 posts in the last 2 days. So, I have to ask you this ... what did you do differently those 7 times to avoid getting the error?

AgentPrometheus
06-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry man,

Just frustrated. Incident occured at 2 yesterday night, so I didn't have time to try a restart. I booted up this morning, but haven't had time to try out posting a reply on that comp.

Your understanding is appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.