PDA

View Full Version : Dark video

erzulietara
06-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I wonder if this post will appear? Something went terribly wrong when I tried to view my first attempt: It disappeared. Anyway. I am new to Blender and I have managed to produce some very short AVIs. Unfortunately when I play them in WMP9 or Realplayer they are very dark. At work and in Blender they look great. What could be the problem?

I have ATI Radeon 9200, Athlon XP2400 and 384mb ram.

Apollux
06-29-2004, 10:53 PM
It is something more likely to be non-blender related, maybe just the different lighting conditions in your office and your home (or different brightness/contrast settings on your monitors).

Anyways, there are a few things that you could do to lessen the problem:/

a.- Before rendering, activate the Unified Renderer and then click on Post Process >>, there you will find extra setting for gamma correction, Color Saturation, and Brightness (the ¨Add¨ slider). That last one is a good candidate.

b.- On the word setting, you can increase the Exposition of the cameras (¨Expo¨), that will increase the general lighting levels. (Also is good for increasing the photo-realism when working with low-energy difuse lights).

c.- Manually increase the energy setting for your light sources.

d.- Simply take your already rendered videos and use a 3rd party post-processing app, there are a few free ones out there.

Test each of those choices, or try combining them. Takes a bit of try-n-fail, but eventually you'll get it fixed.

erzulietara
06-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks. I have tried a-c and now the AVIs are visible in WMP and Realplayer. I do wonder if they'll be very bright when played at work. I'll send a couple over to view tomorrow.

For d I'll run them through Virtualdub or Tmpegenc and see what happens. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.