PDA

View Full Version : character studio error message (user error)

webstar
07-25-2002, 09:55 AM
I keep getting this error in Charcter studio & I can't work out what's happening, even buy looking at the help files.

Whenever I try to move a foostep in trackview I get this

"Footset track & other tracks in the same biped can't be changed simultaneously"

skunk184
07-25-2002, 05:07 PM
if i remember rightly ,you have to have your tackview open and then press the modify subtree button ....then left click in trackview window to deselect all keys...and then reselect the footstep key you want to move........i think thats what you do but cant remember because i dont use footsteps cause they suck!!!!!
hope that helps....

craig

webstar
07-25-2002, 08:39 PM
:beer: Bloody hell it works!!! A million thanks.

Actually I would rather not use CS either as I think it's a piece of shit crashes all the time and freezes whenever it's not crashing buttt...... the way it creates all the keys for a decent walk is a huge time saver.

what other options are there for doing this?

Could you possibly say what methods you use yourself ie bones pro, skin with manual keyframes??

Thanks for your reply any hoo

Derek

skunk184
07-25-2002, 09:20 PM
i do use biped quite alot but i always make freeform animations(other than a walk sequence footsteps are useless)......bibed is good for quickness and copy and pasting poses but it does have its downfalls (no f-curve editing is my biggest complaint)and it can be a right pain in the arse when it comes to positioning your bones in figure mode because of the built in constraints......i generally use physique to skin but i have used bones pro ..the important things when skinning is the position of your bones and the geometry of your model...areas that you especially need to take care with when modelling and positioning bones are the shoulders and the pelvis .....basically though the more you do it the better you get, you learn the most through making mistakes.......
just my 2pee's worth

Craig

webstar
07-25-2002, 09:48 PM
thanks again for your reply I've just been at CS for 2 weeks now so I shouldn't really complain. this ****ing scene I'm doing right now crashes whenever I reset MAX!!!.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.