:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Grey
07-25-2002, 03:36 PM
YEHAW!!!! :applause:
:bounce:

Grey
07-25-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm having a problem I think...

ScreenShot (http://www.posergallery.com/wip/20020725-Grey113731.jpg)

nothings marked... is this right?

meloncully
07-25-2002, 05:35 PM
heh, they really only wanted you to dream about it. They wanted you to use your imagination to make cool things in your head then imagine their software doing it for you.

Grey
07-25-2002, 05:38 PM
:hmm:

What about people like me who have no imagination... are we SOL?

Taoizm
07-25-2002, 06:03 PM
I feel your pain Grey. I installed it, and everytime you move the mouse over it or click all the graphics go crazy. Much like the Ogl is having a spasm, and leaving ghost images of everything behind. I couldn't do anything.

draz
07-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Grey
I'm having a problem I think...

ScreenShot (http://www.posergallery.com/wip/20020725-Grey113731.jpg)

nothings marked... is this right?

Grey,

Not sure if this will help you but it helped me sort out the flickering I was getting.

From the documention:

If your interface flashes and flickers, go to your graphics card driver and in the OpenGL settings, disable "Use unified memory" and "Enable overlay planes". On Quadro cards, turn off "Enable back/depth buffers." The actual names of these features might be different from card to card or driver to driver, but they should still be similar.

Grey
07-25-2002, 06:14 PM
I've got a savage that was pre-installed... (I don't like playing with hardware, it tends to fry when I touch it...)

Trying to figure out how to turn it off... or maybe I don't have it at all... (not sure...)

I emailed pmG, but haven't got a response back.

meloncully
07-25-2002, 09:34 PM
hey guys, i think i figured it out. Because my messiah works perfectly. You dont need to run the demo installer. Just go to this path in the folder that was extracted from teh zip file:

messiahAnimateDemoInstall\program files\pmG\messiahanimateDemo\messiahdemo

then run the messiah demo.exe from there.

Grey
07-25-2002, 09:44 PM
are you saying you had the same problem and you got it to work?

Mine I don't think is an OGL problem but a font problem.

The interface does not flicker, I can even load models in...

it's just that nothing at all is labled, so I don't know what anything is supposed to be...

Grey
07-25-2002, 09:49 PM
I managed to get two OBJ figures in there (YES those are Poser figures)

http://www.posergallery.com/wip/20020725-Grey165653.jpg

The Object controls work just fine.

It's just nothing is labled.

Taoizm
07-25-2002, 10:11 PM
weird, I even tried what Draz suggested, and still nothing. Oh well. :shrug:

Grey
07-25-2002, 10:39 PM
my problem is I can't find where to turn off OGL...

LFGabel
07-26-2002, 02:26 AM
hey Grey, your font issue is most likely a OGL problem. I saw that mentioned in the PMG yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmGmessiah

Apparently absolutely everthing is drawn using OGL, so you video card has to be 100% OGL 1.2 complient...

I know that probably doesn't help much... but...

meloncully
07-26-2002, 04:37 AM
what i am saying was, i did not have to run any installers to use m:a i jsut went into the directory i listed above and there was the demo exe and i ran that and low and behold it was the demo and ran just fine.

Grey
07-26-2002, 07:22 AM
that was me :D

I was asking htere.... I guess I need a video card... :(

Julez4001
07-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Don't sweat it grek
Go to Best buy and snag a cheap geforce for aboout $59 bucks
It still drive messiah just great.

Eugeny
07-26-2002, 05:05 PM
I tried to run from extracted directory- run bit better but still i have some interface problems. As for OGL set up, i simple don't have any option like "Use unified memory" and "Enable overlay planes"... For what kind of graphic cards its build? ( I have Oxygen GVX 210)

mjm
07-26-2002, 07:41 PM
Eh, I'm on my extremely old box (workstation motherboard getting repaired), and I'm using a TNT1. Everything works fine for me, text displays, etc. :shrug:

I wonder if it would work on my GVX-1, though... hrm.

Oh, and Eugeny, the GVX-210 has a tray icon that goes to a driver config panel, doesn't it? The GVX-1 has a bunch of stuff concerning OpenGL display stuff, including alpha buffers and that sort. Perhaps play around with those checkboxes, change the stencil buffer settings, etc. to see if that helps. I can't really help you as of now, though. :argh:

Eugeny
07-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Yes i can play with this settings, but u know why when i install XSI or Maya demo its run smooth, and Messiah not ? It's push me to thing what this program is still too raw to be sold as complete product...
May be i just too lazy? I am a Mac user what for some time working in PC (i hope) and in Mac ALL things runs smooth !

P.S. - the funny thing what i found in GVX is what LW run better with Maya or even Quake settings !

mjm
07-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Eugeny: Not really sure. I am able to run Maya PLE, XSI Experience, M:A demo, etc. without problems. Do you have the latest Oxygen drivers?

Also, from the latest Oxygen driver readme about the OpenGL control panel:

"Overlay / Alpha Mode
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This provides additional control of the overlay plane capabilities exported in the pixelformats. It should only be needed for two specific applications. The "Dynamic" setting should be chosen for all other cases. The "Alpha Only" case is for the Alias|Wavefront application Maya in the specific case where retained alpha planes are required (e.g. the particle system package). The "Overlay Only" case is for the Parametric Technology application Pro/3DPAINT.
"

Perhaps mess around with that, see if anything is different.

Wish I could help more. :shrug:

LuKa
07-27-2002, 03:43 PM
Here is my problem. I have Leadtek GF4Ti4400 128mb. Is this video-card issue or what cos I have similar problem in XSI.

LuKa
07-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Here is the first pic (messiah) As you can see, everything is blured. Now if I click anywhere, the whole viewport is moving slightly up and it's blurring.

LuKa
07-27-2002, 03:51 PM
and from XSI (the bluring is noticable only in render window). What is the problem here?

Grey
07-27-2002, 07:11 PM
It has to do with OpenGL.

Upgrade your video card.

cgSquad
07-27-2002, 11:17 PM
Every body is discussing technical problems. i dont have it. Can you tell me about its animation workflow, ik speed, rigging workflow, facial workflow. what other apps you have exerpirenced and what you think about it(notOGL).

LuKa
07-28-2002, 10:48 AM
"It has to do with OpenGL.
Upgrade your video card."

Which drivers should I use: detonator or leadtek reference drivers coz I'm having the latest version of those. Or maybe something else?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.