PDA

View Full Version : Nurbs modeling a Rook from a chess set in Maya...

stupido
06-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Hello there 3d champs;

been trying out 3d modeling in nurbs and thought i'd start with something easy - a rook from a chess set (or castle piece - whatever) and have run into a problem.

Started by revolving a surface from a profile curve that i drew with CV curve tool - no problem. But then came the time to trim out the gaps in the battlement at the top of the castle.

I've tried creating a cube, circular fillets and trims (just crashes maya), creating a nurbs circle, creating another profile of the shape i want to cut, extruding it, filleting and then trimming but to no avail.

I assume i am tackling the issue without some key information in mind - namely how surfaces interact with each other (maybe making sure that the type of surface is the same etc) but i'm not sure what to try.

I'm clearly doing something wrong - could someone perhaps take the time to explain me up real good about trims/fillets/nurbs for this example? It would be greatly appreciated.

cheers -

s.

peanut
06-29-2004, 06:42 PM
Stupido, repost that in the Maya board, you'll get more help than the appless general modeling board

GL

captain chapo
06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
okie i think what you need is booleans>subtract tool, but when i tried it it was selecting the wrong pieces of the rook to subtract...so if you can get it tow rok just make a cube across the top and boolean it...happy modeling.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.