PDA

View Full Version : No permission to view thread?

JeffPatton
06-28-2004, 07:08 PM
I had responded to a thread in the 3dsmax forum and now when I try to view the thread, this is what I see:
http://www.pixelperfectgraphics.biz/cg_files/huh.jpg

Have I done something wrong? Has something happened to my account? Was the thread in question (topic was max7) removed?

Thanks for any insight as to what's happening.

Jeff

Edit: Looks like all threads regarding max7 has been removed? I suppose that's why I'm getting the error message above? Why were they removed?

Stillwell
06-28-2004, 07:10 PM
There was probably something wrong with the thread, (not your post), and one of the moderator moved it to the mod forum.

JeffPatton
06-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info Stillwell. Now my curiosity has been raised as to why they were moved.

Rei Ayanami
06-28-2004, 10:00 PM
They dont delete threads, they are moved to a private forum. As for why they dont want it discussed, probably because it ends up flaming away.

Kirt
06-28-2004, 10:03 PM
The thread was moved to a private forum. Only Mods and Admins have access to these threads.

JeffPatton
06-29-2004, 08:10 PM
well....ok.

treed
06-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I started it and then when I got back from my trip... Poof its gone. I was like what the hell, it wasen't spam. I'm still confused why it was moved to the private forums. This wasen't false information or anything.

Kirt
06-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I started it and then when I got back from my trip... Poof its gone. I was like what the hell, it wasen't spam. I'm still confused why it was moved to the private forums. This wasen't false information or anything.We don't discuss why threads are moved. It's not necessarily due to anything you might have posted in the thread. Just accept that it's not here anymore and move on.

Infinite Vacuum
07-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Just like lambs...

jason-slab
07-09-2004, 11:16 AM
private forum? on a public forum? sounds kinda lame, why not just close or delete the thread!

|js

schmu_20mol
07-09-2004, 02:34 PM
private forum? on a public forum? sounds kinda lame, why not just close or delete the thread!

|js

it doesn't matter... it's like it's deleted when you can't view it

Rei Ayanami
07-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Jason : its not a public forum, its a moderated forum and so having private forums is perfectly acceptable because they have to have places to discuss the workings of the board etc

and who gets to be the centerfold in the cgtalk calender (yeah i remember, equinoxx)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.