PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp #8: Hakim - Game of Death

ill_logic
06-28-2004, 05:24 PM
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/kurocrash/HakimRF.jpg
yeah so i wanted to do a comic villain but couldn't think who (i was really thinking i should do shira from blade of the immortal, but i doubt anyone would have known the character). and hakim might not be one of my favorite movie villains of all time, he's damn sure one of the coolest! i mean the man leaves a size 16 footprint on bruce lee's yellow jumpsuit... bruce lee's!
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/kurocrash/Hakim001.jpg
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/kurocrash/Hakim001wf.jpg
anyhow. i know i got a late start on this, but so far it's gone surprisingly quickly! i mean i just started this today! i have to try & make the face resemble his more, i know it's probably really off here. can anyone point out the main spots? because i've been looking at it for hours now & i've grown used to it. polywise i'm at 3846 triangles right now & there's no textures, just a few color shaders on different things to get a better idea of the model. let's hope everything else moves this quickly!
-J

Lekku
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Awesome! I loved that movie. Well, the ALMOST movie. They never quite finished it, did they? Oh, well. Anyway, it's looking good, but I think he needs to be thinner. His head, his legs, his feet. KAJ is really stretched out, and while your model looks tall, he doesn't have that long, streatch look. I would try stretching the head up, and making the waist and legs shorter. I know the feet are supposed to be big, but they look a little too thick.

ill_logic
06-28-2004, 06:11 PM
- lekku - well they technically finished it. but with sonny chiba wearing sunglasses or never looking directly into the camera. lol (the worst is one scene where he's in his dressing room & it's a view into a mirror at him & you can tell it's just a picture of bruce they pasted onto it).
so increase the lankiness, shorten the lower half? cool! anything facially? i've started to notice that (aside from the color of course) the eyes are really off. so i'll fix that. also needs a lot of optimization done to it to hit the 3k limit. but i know where i can get rid of those polys. thinking about maybe stylizing him a bit too. all i know is i hope i'm done with the modeling at some point today or tomorrow. thanks!
-J

DougG
06-28-2004, 10:29 PM
haha, nice choice

Model looks good so far, the only thing on the face I would move the eyes in closer to each other and thickin up his nose in general. Other than what Lekku already said, its lookin good :)

Lekku
06-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Bigger eyes, bigger nose, longer face.....(vertically) That's the only thing I can see on the head.

ill_logic
06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/kurocrash/hakim002.jpg
did some facial & body tweaks & seriously optimized it all, down to 2800 right now. i'm hoping to say that i'm done with the model itself (unless anyone else has something to point out. it's looking pretty ok to me, but i'm probably biased.
tomorrow i'll spend laying out uvs (oh joy!) lol and maybe begin texturing, there's not a lot of detail to him as far as the model goes so i guess i'll just have to add it in the textures. oh well. thanks so far for the crits & comments!

-J

AndyH
06-29-2004, 12:07 PM
He needs hips and a crotch! he's just got legs joined to his stomach by the looks of it now. Nice head.

ill_logic
06-29-2004, 10:48 PM
- andy h - he does have a crotch & hips, but all the shots i could find of him standing had his shirt covering them too. i did lower everything just a little though just in case. thanks!

so i uv mapped it all out, tried out some new techniques with the mapping. hope it looks ok. should have some texture shots tomorrow
-J

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.