PDA

View Full Version : Blender Battles + Blender World Cup!

Bentagon
06-28-2004, 11:11 AM
just wanted to let you know there has recently opened a site for speed contests, called Blender Battles.
They're also starting the Blender World Cup, a tournament of speed contests.
For more info, check:

http://battles.mudpuddle.co.nz/index.php

- Bentagon

Soon2bAnimator
07-22-2004, 05:00 PM
the CUT PWA was priceless....very hilarious....im thinking about using bender myself....because i dont have the money for max or maya right now...is it hard to use?

Apollux
07-22-2004, 06:52 PM
...is it hard to use?

Depends, Do you already know to do 3D work with another programs?

NO: Blender will be as hard to use as any other programm. You'll have the benefict that by first learning in Blender you will develop good organizational skills withing your scenes (Blender kind of forces you to be organized because it's workflow: everything is organized y objects, links, properties and scenes).

YES: Expect to spend 1 or 2 weeks just getting your braing adjusted to ¨The Blender Way¨ (see NO answer), after that it becomes really easy.

sundialsvc4
07-22-2004, 07:14 PM
the CUT PWA was priceless....very hilarious....im thinking about using bender myself....because i dont have the money for max or maya right now...is it hard to use?
The "first" 3D animation program that you use is going to be hard to use, I think, no matter what it is or what you do. Blender is a well organized program but like every single program that packs a lot of power into a small space it will cause :banghead: frequently!

Nonetheless, Blender-3D is definitely a program that I think all animators who are working in video (especially) or still-images should study very closely. :thumbsup: There is a truly unbelieveable amount of raw horsepower in this thing. It's not "demo-ware," and it's not "half-[assed]-ware." It's a solid, professional application that happens to be free. I'm doing a series of eleven museum-kiosk videos and all of the production work .. including sound .. is being done in Blender.

Apollux
07-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Tall of the production work .. including sound .. is being done in Blender.
Would you care to ellaborate about the sound department? I' m a little outdated on that Blender area. Last time I checked Blender could only load pre-made audio into the game engine.

Did they add a working way to symc audio with video? and can we now save audio and video inside one avi file?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.