PDA

View Full Version : Supid skelegon bank angles!

Fasty
06-28-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't know if this is a problem anyone else but let me explain.
I create the left half of a human skeleton using skelegons and I painstakingly adjust the bank angle lollypop for each skelegon. Then all I want to do is mirror the bones to create the right side, but when I do the bank angles on the new bones aren't correct! It's almost as though it's mirrored the bones, but not the bank angles.
What's the deal? I want perfectly symmetrical bones, I don't want to have to go through all the new bones and adjust them too, only to find the right side behaving slightly different to the left side in layout, not to mention it taking twice as long! Can anyone help?

RPG2006
06-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Are you using skelegon editor? That's an excellent plug-in for your skelegons. It has a leave exisitng bank angles option as well as mirror options. I'm sure most are aware, but if not check on dstorm's site. You can find it on flay.com

Also if you are using version 8, you can now mirror your bones and null hierarchy directly in layout.

If you make ammends in layout you can also use the loadbones plug-in(dstorm) to bring them back in as a skelegon setup in modeler.

Not aware of your bug though. Frustrating.

By the way, and I should check my own typos first, but spelling stupid wrong???

RPG:)

Fasty
06-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Yep I tried skelegon editor, but it seemed to reset all my bank angles to straight up. I'll try that again.

I thought about doing it straight in layout.. but I'm not using 8 so it could be a little difficult.

Thanks for the effort. sTupid bank angles!!!

RPG2006
06-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Go to the options tab in the skelegon editor, under bank edit, select maintain bank angles.

This will leave them unchanged from any previous edit's you may of made.

Hope this helps.

RPG:)

Fasty
06-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Well thanks for the tip RPG 2003, but no matter what I seem to do in Skelegon Editor it makes the lollypops stand straight up on my mirrored bones :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.