PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy study of the face

LeslieCH
06-27-2004, 11:54 PM
I finally fixed it... the link I mean.

Here it goes.

This is part of my ongoing self-directed study on the human anatomy. I was going for the illustrative look, so there are a lot of little details that I am trying to get my head around. I am hoping to study every part of the human body and then maybe memorise them enough to be able to conceptualise characters based on convincing forms.

http://www.yourimagehost.com/is.php?i=11081&img=0100_face.jpg

illustr8r
06-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Good for you. :thumbsup: I think its very important to study anatomy if you are going to try to do illustrations with people in them out of your head.

I do think that before you get too wrapped up in the details though, you should try to nail your overall porportions. The porportions of this face are kinda off.

I assume that you referrenced an anatomy book. Unfortuantely anatomy books are not always acurate as far a porportions and gesture go. I would suggest having someone pose while you draw these same angles. Then take that drawing and add in your muscle study. This will help you by getting the overall shapes and portportions and also help you understand how the underlying muscle structure effects the surface in real life.

p.s. nice levator labii superioris aleque nasi. (just wanted to say this because its my favorite muscle to say) :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.