PDA

View Full Version : space woman

binbag
06-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Goodafternoon!!
Here is an image I finished a few days a go It's part of a series of images, the girl has been drawn in photoshop and the rest of it has been made with a 3d program and then cleaned up in photoshop any crit would be good.
cheers Binbaghttp://www.heyweirdo.com/forum/figure2.jpg

darkbatman
06-27-2004, 02:51 AM
The picture needs more work.:shrug:

prophecy313
06-27-2004, 04:08 AM
alot of work!

Deathropolis
06-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I like the clothes, but i hate the colors on it, also the gun looks awfull.

Daffydd
06-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi,

It would be hard to judge whether it "needs more work" or not without knowing the style you are going for. I think it looks pretty good, unless I miss my guess as to what you were trying for.... I would be interested in seeing the other images in this series.

I rather like the style I see here. The colors are nice and I like the "attitude" you've captured here. Nice work. :)

Daf

r 2
06-27-2004, 12:46 PM
The girl is beautiful, I think she reminds me of my ex, keep them coming :D
Anyhow, Girls left hand looks odd, or is it meant to be like that (without fingers)? Also the keys and the whole object doesn't fit in the picture.
I like the idea of combining 3d and 2d together. You're almost there :thumbsup:

binbag
06-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Well thanks for your helpfull coments the non helpfull ones were not very helpfull as you can imagine

Dethropolis:The reason behind the gun, it does need some more work now looking at it but I realy wanted the gun to look more like a fashion exccesery and less like your stereotypical big giant oversized object.

Daffydd: I was going for a kind of 40's pinup pose and style, ie with quite large spaces of flat colour:)

R2: I can see your point the left hand is suposed to be clenched but ill probably need to sort that out.

Cheers all

devilboi
06-27-2004, 09:45 PM
I have to say comments like "this piece needs a lot of work" with nothing more said after that; are increadibly vauge, and do not give the artist displaying his work any clue towards what he should work on to improve the piece. There fore they hold no value in improving the artist which is the whole point of this forum.

Further more why would you tell someone that a part of their work is aweful, and just leave it at that? If you don't have any specific points of direction for the artist to follow; then all you have said is that that part of the picture sucks. Leaving him or her wondering, what is wrong with it and wondering what he should do to improve. The conclution that the reader may come to is that you are just insulting someone rather than helping them improve; or that you don't have any sugestions as an artist and are just a newb pointing out flaws. (I'm sure that it is not your intention to insult the artist but there are a lot more tactful ways of critiquing someones work.)

My intentions are not to burn you guys for your comments but rather to say why don't you share more information with the artist that you are commenting on; so that he or she can make their work better. Obviously there are some points that you are seeing that you think need work, so why don't you mention them specificly rather than wasting the artist and other reader's time with negative unconstructive statements that dilute the forum. I'm sure that you guys have comments that are hold better value in mentioning.

Daffydd
06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Daffydd: I was going for a kind of 40's pinup pose and style, ie with quite large spaces of flat colour:)

Then I say you are dead on and it looks great! :)

Daf

Miraj
06-27-2004, 10:39 PM
i like this piece a lot, even though some work is needed.
On her face the details are getting their but i believe more shadows are needed. If i see a shadow on her (right) eye from her hair, i should see shadows elsewhere on her head due to the hair. I like the outfit on her, very sci-fi but something is missing, maybe adding decals or military wear etc..
good work

devilboi
06-27-2004, 10:57 PM
I agree with miraj, some more details would be nice. Perhaps if you added some bands across her thigh with a gun holster attached to them. Maybe some arm bands also with life support monitoring equipment attached. Isignia would look good also.
Perhaps you are going for a costume design that has a simple and basic feeling to it, showing just basic form; and don't want too much detail. If that is the case then I could understand that you wouldn't want to add very much to it. However I think a few accesories would add to the composition and not distract too much much from the simplicity of the costume. Just a few ideas there are a lot of other directions that you could take this to add detail.

I can see that the left hand is in a fist. I think that if she was leaning on an open hand that would look more natural as far as her body language goes. As for if you leave it as a fist; perhaps you could make the tucked thumb a little more visible and not quite so tightly tucked. It doesn't quite look right.

binbag
06-27-2004, 11:09 PM
hmm good point, I think I may well add a holster on the lower leg, cheers and I will remove the shadow on the eye.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.