PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Octopus

kaareandrews
06-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi there, first time posting. Here's a look at one of my latest...

-Kaare

http://www.kaareandrews.com/DocOck2-jpg.jpg

Matt_Forcum
06-27-2004, 02:00 AM
great work! tell us about your process.

Selvagem
06-27-2004, 03:04 AM
wow... its tragic this post hasn't gotten more input.. its freakin' awsome...

Kwe
06-27-2004, 04:45 AM
Great stuff!!!! I can't really tell what's happening though...

...are his tentacles 3d?

chalkeye
06-27-2004, 06:29 AM
i really like the lighting on this, very nice.

JARhead
06-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Hey cool . Vary nice work

Jonnyp
06-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Nice work -

I really like that I'm not just looking at a "lifeless" work here - There's a lot of excitement and emotion and movement to the piece. Love the color choices. Are the Oc. tentacles 3d? they seem very clean and perfect compared to the rest of the work.

Again - love it!

Your name sounds very familliar - Published Comic Penciler perhaps? Saskatoon? If you have no idea what that word means - then I'm probably confused!

kaareandrews
06-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Yup, am indeed a comicbook penciller originally from Saskatoon and now living in Vancouver.

The tentacles are indeed 3D, actually the very first 3D thing I've made in Maya (which I'm just learning). Everything else is courtesy of Photoshop 7. This is the cover to Doctor Octopus #2 which should be out in comicbook stores this month.

Basically I labored over the tentacles for way too long because I still have no idea what I'm doing in Maya and then painted the figure in Photoshop. I added the explosion, background 'shape' and then overlayed different textures to try and tie everything together.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I just discovered cgtalk and can't stop looking at all the cool stuff!

-Kaare

theCloudmover
06-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Great work Kaare. I 'm a big admirer of your work. Keep pushing the envelope. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.