PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Michelle Gellar

Ra1Der
06-26-2004, 04:20 PM
2 hours PShttp://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~andrew77/Photos/Sarah.jpg

prophecy313
06-27-2004, 03:17 AM
Needs ALOT of work. The mid section of the face, the nose, is too elongated. Im sorry to say but it doesnt look anything like her other than the hair.

Ra1Der
06-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Ok thanks for the critique, I did as you said, looks a bit better

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~andrew77/Photos/Sarahsmall.jpg

Bigpet
06-27-2004, 09:58 AM
I am sorry to say this but the Body just looks awful. it's super deformed. With the flat and twisted arm the body looks just like it was tiny

Ra1Der
06-27-2004, 10:04 AM
right you are, thanks for the crit, decided to crop the body, no matter what I tried didnt seem to make to much differance. I think you'll agree it looks vbetter cropped.

Bigpet
06-27-2004, 10:19 AM
better but somehow still not right with the perspective or scaling don't know excactly

Ra1Der
06-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Oh well, I think I have her likeness now, evryone I shown it to has recognised her, I havnt been doing digital painting all that long, so I guess I still got a long way to go!

jud
06-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I think it is a good painting for someone who is not at it that long,but it only resembles her a little bit,the perspective on the nose is a bit off due to the way the specular shine is painted,the hair needs to be made alot finer than it is,but keep at it anyway and as your teacher would tell you practice,parctice,pratice.

Did you use a mouse or a stylus and tablet?

jud

Ra1Der
06-27-2004, 03:50 PM
a little bit of both, cant make the hair any finer, lol

devilboi
06-27-2004, 08:15 PM
I could tell it was her right away, because of the eyes. I think it is pretty good for not having tons of experience and only taking two hours.:) I agree with the crits on the nose being too long. Never make the nose any longer than a quarter measure of the head (rule of thumb). Unless you want to draw a very exagerated charecter with excentric features.

Ra1Der
06-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Would you say its still to long in the second one?

Ilikesoup
06-28-2004, 03:30 AM
I like the face, even if it's not totally accurate. Whether you intended it to be, it makes for a good caricature. Eyes look great, you've got nice highlights on the cheekbones and the nose looks good, although a bit long. For crits -- her jaw shouldn't be that tapered and sharp. Hair looks nicely done and I like that you've included the dark roots (funny), but the long dark strands along her face look look out of place.

As for her body, I think it looks off kilter because:
a. her neck is too thin and too short. Extend her neck downward and drop the neckline of her shirt and her chest will look in proportion.
b. her shoulders are at the wrong angle. Shoulders should usually be at a 90 degree angle from the head and neck, so Ms. Gellar's left shoulder should be higher than her right.
Cool that you're moving into digital paints. If you haven't checked it out already you should try contributing to the Daily Sketch in the WIP 2d forum. It's great practice. Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.