PDA

View Full Version : Animation_Frog Gladiator Lip sync

Gloom
06-26-2004, 04:28 PM
I think I am mostly finished with this animation but I would like some feedback for some fine tuning of it. It is the first time I've ever lip-synced without using a program of some sort. I found that using the lip-sync program (mag-pie) isn't much faster which surprised me. The line is from Grosse Pointe Blank by John Cusack. Below is a link to the page with the animation. Its the only animation on the page. Its about 3mb. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://wonderfrog.net/Portfolio_DGulisano/Anim_Frog.htm

-david

lostpencil
06-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey David,

That's pretty cool! Here are some points that caught my eye... The lip sync is pretty good. The 'F' of 'fork' isn't looking right to me. Maybe it could use the upper lip dropped down a bit on that phoneme. It's a little tough to see since I can't frame through it because it's divx. There is definitely good motion going on (nice walk, secondary motion) but the clip seems a bit overacted. The line seems more contemplative. Hope that helps!

Gloom
06-29-2004, 02:17 AM
thanks for the crit Paul. I am looking into the F sound. It was hitting a tiny bit late and I lowered the lip a bit. Now I just have to rerender, ugh. Thanks again.

-david

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.