PDA

View Full Version : Character: Airguard

Tasu
06-26-2004, 03:48 AM
Hello! This is my first post, so hopefully I wont get banned for something. This is a sketch for a 2d digital painting i want to do, and i'd love to get some professional advise on what i need to fix before i Ink it. Aside from the knees being too small, and the jetpack being to close to the body, what do you thinks wrong with it?

http://www.allele.org/flash/Airguardperfect1.jpg

jrwells
06-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Looking pretty good so far. The first thing I notice that seems a bit off is the angle that we are viewing the hips. It seems like we are looking at the hips straight on, while the rest of the body is turned away, while this would not be so bad, the line of her stomach does not show that her torso is rotated away from her hips.

Rhid1en
06-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Her right forearm looks broken. Where her right leg attaches to her hip looks off... You may also want to try a pose or expression that is more dramatic. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but if you really want to bring it to life...

slaughters
06-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Either too much space between the upper thighs or they are not thick enough.

Compared to the pelvis they look scrawny.

truism
06-30-2004, 08:07 PM
The right wrist looks too small compared to the left one (especially considering the right one looks like it's supposed to be closer to the viewer) and the bottom of the right hand (the part that's connecting to the wrist) looks wrong. Perhaps if you pull the curve back a bit towards the wrist it may fix it?

Her right bicep seems oddly bulgy... like the muscles are in the wrong spots. I think the tricep needs to be slightly further down the arm.

Levitateme
07-03-2004, 10:09 AM
nice designs all around, i think the face needs a little touch up, and her right arm needs some finess to it. if that makes sense.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.