PDA

View Full Version : Cave demon WIP

CybrGfx
06-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Hi all!
This is a piece I've been struggling with, and I'm somewhat at a block. The background will be like a cave passage behind him...

Any C&C will be appreciated, in that it might get me over the bump...
Thank you!
http://www.daplayazclub.com/uploads/WIP-NoobAttack3-copy.jpg

CybrGfx

Bonzo
06-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Good lighting and color on him, but you need to work on the texture of the being. You should try to add detail to the skin and wings in terms of texturing. He has a nice color base applied, but it looks all perfectly smooth. Try scales, hair, whatever you imagine!

There are nice folds in his left wing, middle section.

Well, now that I look at him even more closely, there could be a greater variety of color on him. He has just one hue applied to him, but to add greater interest in the image, there could be additional lighting bouncing off. For instance, if there were moonlighting coming through the pasage.

The eyes look awesome.
His hands are ambiguous. I don't know where his thumb is on his right hand, and his left hand is flat.

I don't know how you are going to apply the background with the character, but it looks like two totally different images now.

got to go..
hope i helped
bonzo

CybrGfx
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Bonzo, you've been a great help!
You know how it gets when you work on a piece for a long time, sometimes you get a little visually "numb."

Your suggestions are very helpful, in that a fresh set of eyes notice things I no longer really see.

As they say, "Oh well, back to the drawing tablet!"
Thanks again! http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bowdown.gif
CybrGfx

Bonzo
06-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I know how it is. Most of the time, unfortunately, I just drop the project. oops..

got a little rushed at the end of my comment, but said what i wanted.

well.. good luck and you've got a nice illustrative image!

bonzo

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.