PDA

View Full Version : Student Animation - Diving Generi

AlphaJoe
06-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Hello all. This isn't my first animation, but it is my first post on this board. This is an animation I did for a project in school, and I thought you could give me some pointers in cleaning it up a bit.

http://www.josephbrandibas.com/movies/Animation02.mov

Thanks,

groovingtiger
06-30-2004, 11:55 AM
It looks good! But when he turns around and prepares to jump into that backward flip. It would be cool to see him turn around his head while backing his feet to the edge of the diving board. Kind of giving him more of anticipation, and also maybe after he backs up to the edge he could react to the height looking down to the bottom of the pool. Just think if that was you that high on the diving structure... what little things you might do when performing such an action. Also when he flips he should kind of go into a ball (squash) and then enter into his diving position (stretch). The rotation on the flip doesn't look like he's exerting any force. Just think of it as acting through that character. Other then that, it looks good!

I hope that helped some...

Robots Are People Too...

groovingtiger

AlphaJoe
06-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the ctit, I really appreciate it. Regarding the squashing of his body when he flips, that was what I had initially planned, but I got reference video of divers performing this particular dive, and they always keep their legs straight. I am not a diver, so I can't explain the physics of it all, but I opted to go with the way it is actually done to give it a better feel.

I will try and increase the anticipation a little and post a new link someime in the next week or so.

groovingtiger
07-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Cool.. Can't wait to see it!

Hettinger
07-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Looks like the initial jump could use a little more height to it. It's just so sudden.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.