PDA

View Full Version : "BUY & SELL" FORUM

Signal2Noise
06-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Every now and then I see posts pertaining to someone selling CG-related hardware or software. Some are even looking for some. I know there is ebay but I 'm curious if CGTalk have ever considered (or would consider) having a dedicated section for buying & selling purposes. It would need to be restricted to only computer graphic related stuff (i.e. hardware, legit software, books, videos, etc.) and the transactions would be handled between members via Private Messaging or whatever. CGTalk would only serve as a reliable kicking off point. CGTalk would need to make it clear that they are completely absolved of any wrong-doings, etc.

Is this a good idea or...?

bluemagicuk
06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Yes it is a good idea.

schmu_20mol
06-26-2004, 04:52 PM
I know there is ebay ...

basically all said imho ... I'd just stick with the occasional threads ... or else there'll be too much for cgtalk to moderate (b/c such a subforum will need really heavy moderating) ...

Kirt
06-26-2004, 08:49 PM
I believe it's been suggested before. If I'm not mistaken, the idea was shot down because of the legal aspects of advertising 3rd party buy/sell items. I really don't think we want to start Moderating such a forum becuase there are no guarantees that buyers/sellers are legit. Best stick to Ebay if that's your thing.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.