PDA

View Full Version : Nub modeler advice?

Hond0
06-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Hello all, I'll be short and sweet as to not take up your time considering I don't even know if this is the right forum for my query.

I've been learning 3d-max for about 8-9 months now off-and-on when I can. I'm a traditional artist with skills in pencil, ink, whee bit of painting and some sculpting, I've been a gamer since I was a 'lil dude, with games like Karate Champ and Raid Over Moscow on my Commadore 64. Currently I'm loving 3ds-max and all it has to offer...such possibilities! Just minutes ago my local software guy called and said he has the copy of Max 6 I ordered, needless to say, I'm excited about it.

Now though, I need to figure out how to make money with this thing I've come to love...I also need to know the standards by which I need to make my models. I've done quite a few but they have all been just for learning purposes, nothing really geared towards a specific project. I'm aware that my criteria would be different depending on what industry I want to go into, but I really have no idea what is required in ANY industry. I'm curious what angles a modeler has to making money also. Where can they be sold? Do indi/freelance-modelers make any money?

A few examples of my art are posted here: http://hond0.deviantart.com/gallery/
Though only a couple may be my 3d modeling. I could post some screens of the ones I have done, they are just raw models though, not animated or even textured obviously.

I know I have a lot of questions (short and sweet my ass) and any answers or even feedback would be great, thanks.
-H

Hond0
06-28-2004, 07:03 AM
...to everyone on this forum. Some of my questions have already been answered by the other threads around. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being here so the ones that want to know, can.

Kudos.

-H

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.