PDA

View Full Version : Again a walkcycle...

Cthulhu
06-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi there! I need some crits on this walkcycle, so if you have some time left to look at it, that would be nice ;) and please be hard! only thing not animated yet are the hands and fingers (and the missing head).
There is something special about creating this cycle, but i want to hear the critiques first before telling you what it is ;)

so here it is:

http://mitglied.lycos.de/bogi1976/Walk_01.avi

Thanks a lot!

skull_leader
06-25-2004, 09:34 PM
It's hard to see walk cycles like this these days. Nice model by the way. Anyway, the spine and shoulder movment in the back view looks great!

Some feedback...
- The feet looked too close together.
- Too much up and down movement from my point of view. Stand up and walk around yourself or get someone else to walk while you observe. I am pretty sure you don't see so much up and downs since I see you are going for a realistic walk cycle (by looking at you realistic model).
- Try to loosen up the upper arm area... looks kind of stiff to me.

These are only my opinions which might be wrong. Anyway, other than that. Nice work! So tell me what is so special about this walk cycles.

Cthulhu
06-27-2004, 04:17 PM
thanks for your reply! i agree with your feedback, i think the arms were the biggest problem on this.
well, the special about it is that it is completly expression driven. i am currently working on some kind of parametric animation setup for loopable animations and this was the first result i got. i just wanted to get some independent opinions on it ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.