PDA

View Full Version : Maya Modeling

pixel_pimp3d
01-31-2002, 10:18 PM
In Maya I have modeled a simple bug shell, I rebuilt all the surfaces to be the same, I then converted it to a poly. I then combined the polysets, and set the normals to all face out. I then displayed the edges to see where the holes were. I used merge multi edge to try and fix the problem, but I still had to go back by hand and sew individual edges. Is this a common method for building a model? I mean If it took me a couple hours cleaning up a basic oval shape. How long does it take a real modeler to build a ship for Star Wars? Anyway, I just wanted to see if I was working the right way to build a clean model, I see a lot of really cool work on this site and figured someone here would know.

Thanx Pixel Pimp

kpalazov
02-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Hello , I think that the problem you mught be having is that the edges are no all the same distance from eah other.
This can be solved by simply moving them together or setting the the merge multiple edge tool to increase or decrease the maximum distance apart the edges can be. Also after selecting some edges, try not to select every single edge at once, select them in portions, you can use the tool multimple times (g) to close unclosed edges.

Hope this helps:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.