PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry Question

Waz
06-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I started to model a character and was wondering how to use Symmetry to model one half and then see the updates on the other half. In max it is quite easy, but In xsi I'm havng some difficultites to get to work. Also when ever I move my mesh it will jump accross the screen and do a 180, and the center won't reposition itself. Keeps moving like 10 units away from the mesh when I move it. Very strange.

Eraq
06-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Try and do a seach. I know theres been a lot of threads covering this topic both here and on xsibase.com

Erik

mawashi
06-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Waz, I just switched to XSI from 3ds Max, and was quite used to Max's symmetry modifier, too. I've been searching for the solution and came across your thread here. I found a workaround in xsi base's forum here:

http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=11535

But it seems like it is still not the same thing as symmetry modifier. It's like going back to max ver.4 or something, where you have to make an instance then weld the center vertices yourself. Please update me if I'm wrong.

And by the way, do I have to repeat the "weld vertex to target" command everytime I want to do a target weld to different vertices?

tachy0n
06-27-2004, 05:23 PM
And by the way, do I have to repeat the "weld vertex to target" command everytime I want to do a target weld to different vertices?
If all you are doing is welding one vertex to another (not a group of vertices) then in move point mode, pressing Alt will snap+weld your vertex.

mawashi
06-28-2004, 03:55 AM
wow, thanks :) That helps a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.