PDA

View Full Version : cars are troublesome. HELP!!!

Kryten
06-24-2004, 07:09 PM
hey, everyone. I'm trying to make a short film of a drag race between an Audi TT, and a Mazda MX-5. I've only got one prob.......I CAN'T GET THE CAR'S TO MOVE!!! i've been messing around with 'toy car' in max 5, and i haven't got a clue on how to use it. can someone PLEASE help me on how to get it so it just works? i've asked this question before, but i haven't gotten any straight answers from anyone! just a rough idea on how to do it, like, quick steps, would be much appreciated.

pha3z
07-11-2004, 09:48 PM
take the max 5 animation Help tutorials that come packaged with the software. they'll show you the techniques you need to do simple key-frame animation for a moving car. i think there's a bouncing-ball-on-text tutorial that will get you familiar with with the graph editor and some other handy tools.

i'm finding that a lot of people don't seem to post much help for max users. and i believe its partially because the packaged max Help files are very good, so most of the time you can find your answers there. study the user reference and get intimate with that Help button.

later,
pha3z

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.