PDA

View Full Version : enviroment: Fly over

didier13
06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi,

i've just finished a render of a desert/landscape for a futur animation. So, i will be happy to have you comments on it. The most important in the picture was to create something to look realistic for an aircraft fly over.
i've used in this one some procedural texture and mapping. The dark array are clous shadow.
thank for yours critics
http://www.mazal-tv.com/didier/desert_r1_big.jpg

arona
06-24-2004, 11:36 AM
lnad looks preti good. but atmoshpere needs a little work. and i think the fog is too blue.:thumbsup:

didier13
06-25-2004, 11:43 AM
yes, you're right for the haze. it's too blue. i will correct that. thanks

STRAT
06-25-2004, 12:13 PM
make sure to post up the final anim too, i'm looking foreward to this :)

didier13
06-25-2004, 01:14 PM
make sure to post up the final anim too, i'm looking foreward to this :)
You can see a small fly over in low resolution here. It's just a visualisation test :)

http://www.mazal-tv.com/didier/landscape_preview_0-1.wmv

feel free to comment even if it's just a start.

Z1K0B4
06-25-2004, 03:25 PM
your ground texture is phenomenal! care to share the technique/settings a bit?

Yes work on the fog a bit, the atmosphere will remove the "color" from the mountains making them appear the same hue as the sky, but darker/less saturated.

The cloud shadows was a nice touch. Speaking of, did you see that Mill Mercedes Spot?

Showing the sun, or part of the sun off camera will add tons of realism, as well as some gradient/clouds in the sky but is not necesary

I am constantly working on Environments and have enjoyed yours!

didier13
06-25-2004, 05:24 PM
thanks todd

i've just take a look at your job on your website and i like a lot:)

ok some words of the technique/settings i've used for this.

- first of all , i've create the landscape (based on satellite data because it's real shape that i need to add realism and because it's done more quickly than if i do this part from scratch). i've modified the ground data a little in WCS and in modeler to have what i want : a landscape about 21 km x 31 km with a 10 meter resolution ...huuuu about 240000 polygons.

After that, i need some reference aerial pics to evaluate the way i had to follow to realize a realistic landscape... so i've surf a lot to have good very high resolution pics (8000 x 8000) (i had to buy some of them).

After studing the ecosystem rules of nature, i define (in photoshop several blended patterns to do the job that i've tile together). At this point ,i have a start point...

I do the same with bump chanel etc...
i've add to that some layers of turbulence and one layer with a slope parameter to control the color area

Cloud are made from a transparency texture aplly on a skydome object (in that case i can have clouds shadows on the ground)

that's all in headlines

fell free to ask me if you need others infos and thanks a lot for your comments and most important excuse me for my bad english.

now i'm going to see the "Mill Mercedes Spot" ...

Z1K0B4
06-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Very nice.

Thanks for sharing you process!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.