PDA

View Full Version : video card output

anthonymcgrath
07-24-2002, 01:13 PM
does anyone know how I can get an output from my pc to a monitor?

I work on pc's with afx/maya/adobe stuffs/and lots of others.

I need to be able to see the output of what I'm creating from my pc.
If I can render, then drop the animation onto a board that will display/playback the graphic on a monitor. This way I can see any issues with field dominance/line contrast/etc...

I used to use a perception video card which was quite cool when I used softimage as I just rendered, dropped it on the board, and hit play to see the animation on the monitor.

I know it seems like I've answered my own question here, but this process was used 5years ago! obviously there'll be better out there now so lets hear it!

cheers
ant
mm
uk

NanoGator
07-29-2002, 07:27 AM
I have an alternative solution. It's not elegant, it's a bit tedious, but it's what I've chosen to do and thought I'd bring it up. :)

I bought a firewire videocamera for $500. (Sony TRV-140 I think...) Basically I bought the camera so I could do some motion tracking experiments. After playing with it a bit, I discovered put video back onto the camera and play it.

I think that's seriously cool. For $500 I bought a video camera I can capture perfectly from + a PC to TV out that works even interlaced. I dunno if that's of any interest to you, but it was a pleasant surprise for me. Next time I go job hunting I'm going to use that to go to VHS for my demo reel. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.