PDA

View Full Version : Head Modeling video?

falker
06-23-2004, 08:22 PM
hey im new trying to get into the world of 3D, trying to get modeling down, but at the moment its going a little slow :D, video tutorials of human anatomy are extremely helpful, and i was wondering if there are any good step by step ones out there, (maya, and SubD prefered). i see alot of timelapse ones i just wish they slowed them down to real time!, i dont care the size of the video ha. so yea anyways, just wonderin if anyone could help me out.

thanks!

groovingtiger
06-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey... you could check out the Advanced Maya: Character Modeling DVD-R from www.trinity3d.com (http://www.trinity3d.com). It goes over all the steps in creating a realistic 3d human. Its preety cool, becuase you can take those lessons learned in the dvd and apply it to any other character you would like to model. I really got a lot out of it. But you are going to have to be comfortable with maya before applying those same principles. There is also www.thegnomonworkshop.com (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com), there dvds are pretty awsome as well. I hope this helps...

Robots are people too...

Jonathan

onlooker
09-30-2004, 07:07 AM
That DVD is loaded with bad workflow, and bad modeling habits. No offense meant. Just my Opinion.

groovingtiger
09-30-2004, 07:37 PM
As far as topology... I agree... the topology is not meant for when you get into animating the head. But Jason Osipa's "Stop Staring" helps teach you the right topology, so when you animate it flows like butter...

But Its still good to learn how other peolpe do it... I was learn something new!

groovingtiger
09-30-2004, 07:38 PM
As far as topology... I agree... the topology is not that great when you get into animating the head. But Jason Osipa's "Stop Staring" helps teach you the right topology, and great workflow, so when you animate it flows like butter...

But Its still good to learn how other peolpe do it... I was learn something new!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.