PDA

View Full Version : reverese playback

Dan Wade
07-24-2002, 09:51 AM
Hello all. Ive got an animation, and im wanting to make a mov/avi of it ....but want it to play backwards.

I have quite a few keyframes in my scene. So i rendered it out normaly, then put the frames into the flipbook, and from there i can play the anim backwards...but is there a way to save the animation playing in reverse as a mov? Or do i have to alter all the keyframes again?

Dan.

JoeRedstall
07-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Flipbook is actually a pretty good prog for viewing your files. The great thing is it'll cache your frames so you can playback uncompressed frames. This is also great for watching avis and movs backwards with no loss of framerate. The downside is that this is all dependant on how much ram you have.

Muly
03-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I know this is an old thread now but i have the same problem. I need to render out my scene in reverse. How can i do this?

Strang
03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I dont know if the flipbook will let you do that. but you could always renumber them with one of those programs the renumber sequenced images. so you can turn 1-100 into 100-1. of course the flipbook will still read it 1-100

or you could do it in your compositing program. but i am assuming you dont have access to one

Chinny
03-24-2005, 10:01 PM
If you have Essentials there is a retime (reverse option) node in the compositor.
If Foundation:
Put your sequence in the clips folder of your Explorer > Select the images folder and update an animation mixer

The sequence is now represented in purple

clip properties>warp>unlock the keys > then flip the curve in time.

Open an image clip viewer and load that clip sequence (it will be reversed) now export

Chinny

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2005, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.