PDA

View Full Version : Still: Tornado

alexyork
06-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi all.

This is a very very very early test shot from my final year project short animation ("Lucifer - The Fall From Grace"). Tornado was made in ParticleFlow, Clouds in AfterBurn and sky/ground in Photoshop (paint job).

http://www.alexyork.co.uk/images/Tornado-Test.jpg

Quite happy with the clouds - could be a bit more broken up I think, though. I just started experimenting with PFlow and AfterBurn today, so these are just early tests.

Hopefully someone will find some areas that could be improved on. If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all.

Alex

Sin-D
06-23-2004, 03:32 PM
cool!

one things, there is something strange about the clouds, espacially at the left side, it looks as if they go down instead of further away and so missing depth

TheNeverman
06-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Your light source looks like it's at almost ground level - and as such - the bottom of the clouds would be much lighter as well as some highlights on the ground...

The 'depth' in the clouds is really hard to read in the solid black as well...
A solid start - just need a lil tweaking...

n8

alexyork
06-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Very very useful guys. Thanks a lot. I'll be tweaking this one as the project progresses. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.