PDA

View Full Version : changing a colour to another colour

sic6six
06-23-2004, 01:35 PM
can some one help me please. i wanna change the blue colour im using to another colour including the different shades of blue. ne one know how i can do this??

Maven
06-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Many ways..

Adjustment layers: Color Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Sat, Selective Color, channel mixer....or use the Color Replacement Tool...or use a combo of an Adj. Layer and the Color Range Selection Tool....what it come down to is what best works for you given document there is no one way to do one thing in PS...you must learn the different ways and then make a dicission on which is best to use...you can look all this up by pressing F1.

TheDeadKennys
06-23-2004, 02:52 PM
The way I would do it is to change the hue. I like using the "create new fill or adjustment layer" tool that looks like a black and white cookie next to the new layer icon because it makes it easier to undo or tweak things later on. You can slide the hue bar to acheive the desired color. Alternatively you can just go to image and then adjustments and choose hue/saturation (hotkey ctrl+u) and do it like that. Hope I helped.

sic6six
06-24-2004, 01:23 PM
thanx guys. i have been using adobe for a while but im still learning its tools. there are so many and i havent got through em all yet

halo
06-24-2004, 07:27 PM
leonec is right...there are many ways of doing it and no "right" way for all occasions...what works best is the best or right way.

Become accustomed between the subtle differences between what each tool offers, explore their possibilities. Good colour correction isnt just about changing red to blue, its about taking as much info with it and making the correction look like its totally natural in the first place. For this its highly likely that you may need more than one tool, and more than one method of selection.

Enjoy. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.