PDA

View Full Version : Similar threads function

mattmos
06-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi,

this isn't a technical issue, but the similar threads function at the bottom of the page seems to be causing a lot of old dead threads to come back to life! A lot of the time the info in them is out of date becuase the threads were started in 2001, which makes for very confusing reading before you realise that they have been dug up...

I realise that it's quite handy for searching for specific topics, couldn't this be limited to the search pages?

Just so I don't sound like too much of a moaning old codger, the rest of the site seems to work very well and I would like to say thanks for providing such a cool community!

Cheers

Leonard
06-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi,

this isn't a technical issue, but the similar threads function at the bottom of the page seems to be causing a lot of old dead threads to come back to life! A lot of the time the info in them is out of date becuase the threads were started in 2001, which makes for very confusing reading before you realise that they have been dug up...

I realise that it's quite handy for searching for specific topics, couldn't this be limited to the search pages?

Just so I don't sound like too much of a moaning old codger, the rest of the site seems to work very well and I would like to say thanks for providing such a cool community!

Cheers
Yes I've been seeing that too. I don't know what to do about it at the moment to be honest. I'll put it on the To Do to look at but it won't be another couple of weeks till I get to it.

Leo

mattmos
06-23-2004, 02:27 PM
ok thanks Leo...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.