http://coldvsworld.hypermart.net/XSI/Ninja/Ghost.jpg

(Btw the tattoo says ghost):bounce: :bounce:

hellblade
07-24-2002, 03:33 PM
any comments? :bounce:

LoneLobo
07-24-2002, 03:33 PM
In my eyes the clothes look very nice with this toon shader

but for the other things, head, hand, etc. it's not very good, because you can't see the details

especially the arm looks strange, there is no structure in it

but the pose looks nice, perhaps you can make him do a fist?

hellblade
07-24-2002, 03:46 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea how to make muscle details show up in a toon render, neither was that ever my intention. However thanks for the comments! :beer:

little5points
07-24-2002, 06:19 PM
The hair doesn't work for me. It's too sparse and doesn't match the style of the rest of the model.

It's like adding a photo of hair to a hand-painted portrait. Just needs some more integration imho

hellblade
07-24-2002, 06:32 PM
Hair cant really be rendered with a toon shader as far as I know, so I don't really have much choice. If you wanna suggest a solution, go right ahead.

LoneLobo
07-24-2002, 10:44 PM
you could perhaps model the hair like they did in the final fantasy games.

There, the hair was very thick, had some spikes, etc.

http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/fan/art/kimari.jpg
here is an example of the style i was talking about.
Not drawn by me, not taken from FF, but it fits my advice ;)

hope you understand what i mean

Array
07-25-2002, 12:59 AM
i like it overall. the hair kinda detracts from it tho, he looks like he is going through kemotherapy and losing his hair in chunks. i think as it stands, he would be better off bald with some sort of tattoos/marking on his head

hellblade
07-25-2002, 01:11 AM
hehe, perhaps, but I made myself a promise not to make any bald models anymore :surprised So instead I'll just add more hair to his head, but I want to keep it spikey, so the skull might show. One of my friends spikes his hair with gell, his skull shows a little (not as much as my current model shows), so once i increase the hair count it should be fine.

hellblade
07-25-2002, 01:12 AM
Btw you wont see the changes to the hair untill I do another pose, and before that happens, I have to finish the rigging. Can't wait to make this bastard fully ready for animation :bounce: :bounce:

Array
07-25-2002, 01:27 AM
i think for a toon character like u have, it would be best to make hair out of polygons and not use xsi's hair tools. itll look nicer plus it will significantly cut down on render times.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.