PDA

View Full Version : vfs modeling reel

trance_dom
06-23-2004, 05:42 AM
heres my reel ftp://3d45manuel@ftp.vfs.com/public_html/forcgtalk.jpgftp://3d45manuel@ftp.vfs.com/public_html/demofinal.mov

KolbyJukes
06-23-2004, 05:45 AM
dude you can't link from your FTP.

That link will work:

http://www.vfs.com/~3d45manuel/demofinal.mov

trance_dom
06-23-2004, 05:52 AM
sorry...first time posting...things going crazy..hehe http://www.vfs.com/~3d45manuel/demofinal.movhttp://www.vfs.com/~3d45manuel/forcgtalk.jpg

trance_dom
06-23-2004, 05:58 AM
just right click'save target as' on the link.......so compression sucks...i'll try and get a better version on there soon

Jesse-Irvin
06-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Sorry I had to cut out on you while I was showing you how to post here Dom. I kinda left you hanging. Your reel is looking good. You guys are all a solid class. Congrats Dom, and best of luck with the following search for a job!

John Warner
06-23-2004, 11:29 PM
^Bump^ Dom, :buttrock: this rocks.

really tho man, congrats on getting this stuff done and behind you. i love the robot...

good luck on the job hunt brodah.

Package
06-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Great work Dom. I had a blast working alongside you this past year. Good luck with the search and remember to keep up the good work.

Marsinfur
06-25-2004, 10:06 AM
HEY ~good job there ~ BEst of luck~
Keep aNiMaTiNg~!
how is going jess~
3d49~

Gene_C
06-28-2004, 06:36 AM
hey there dom, Its really disapointing that not alot of people have seen this, you managed to pull together some nice stuff this year and you should be proud you got through it with a reel like this. I would recomend that people take the time to download this and check it out.

peace
gener

BillSpradlin
06-28-2004, 08:27 AM
The content of the reel was ok, however the presentation of it needs a lot of work. First and foremost, red text is a big NO NO. That will bleed all over the place on a VHS. Also, you when you rendered out to Quicktime, you didn't render with the High Quality option enabled, thus bringing down the quality of the reel quite a bit. I think you could spend less time on the turntables of the models, too much was spent there and the wireframe shots were difficult to see, which is what is important in a modeling reel. Also when you do the close up shots of the models, you should show those flat shaded and with a wireframe pass. I'm not interested in seeing your texturing skills if I'm going to hire you as for a modeling position. Textured models also make it difficult to discern what is modeled and what is textured.

Fix those things and you'll have a much better reel, not that it is bad now, but it does need some work. Good luck.

trance_dom
06-28-2004, 09:25 AM
heh...i only spent like 10 minutes on the turntables.......i like the red..i think it looks kewl...its all personal preference...its only titles anyways at like 1.5 sec per title..but the stuff about the close ups with have wire and shaded..yeah ..never thought of that..heheh...umm..i couldn't put it in high quality...no one wants to download 77 mbs..i'm not looking for job ops on cgtalk..i'm sending out high quality reels for that..plus the whole reel isn;'t done...workingon 3rd character and rigging..bla blah blah and some more blah

dafonz
06-30-2004, 08:38 AM
hey dom! good going man....i especially like the details u put in the robot. good luck for your job hunt!

BillSpradlin
07-01-2004, 06:32 AM
When it comes to your reel it's not about personal preference, it's about presenting your work in a profesional manner. You never know who will be watching your reel and on what kind of screen, so presenting it in a manner in which will be most suitable for pretty much every situation is what you need to do. Ignoring that fact will only hurt you.

trance_dom
07-01-2004, 10:30 PM
uh ok....just never thought red titles would ruin a reel

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.