PDA

View Full Version : 2.34 Warm Up !

Apollux
06-23-2004, 04:36 AM
It has been officially disclosed: The most important new features for 2.34 are:

- The Leon's Particle System :bounce:
- Yafray running as a Blender binary plugin (means a lot closer integration with Blender)
- Weighted subsurf creases.
- Important bug fixes for specific graphic cards (ATI and Nvida).
- The return of the stand-alone game player

Some other interesting features that are on the make (but doubfully will make it into 2.34) are Soft-body dinamics, the ultra improved UV unwrapper.

Boy, I get dizzy just by thinking of the things that could be achieved by merging the new Particle efects and the sofbody dinamics. i.e. A totally stormy sea, with waves, wind, sea foam and whatnot !! :drool:

Ollarin
06-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Wow! This is awesome! Blender is becoming a bigger application with every release! O_o

Any idea when 2.34 will be released? Can't wait to try it! :D

Apollux
06-23-2004, 06:40 AM
It is a very rought stimate, but they (should I dare to say ¨we¨) are planning to relase on the week of Juy 19th - 25 th.

There are just so many factors involved that giving a good stimate is impossible.

Ollarin
06-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Cool! So somewhere next month, or the following month! :D

Can't wait to try out the particle system and softbody dynamics! :D

bbirras
06-23-2004, 10:42 AM
is it juy as in july? :)

other guys are hanging at the beach, but thanks to the hardcore-coders we´ll be able to say happy cristmas in summer...hurra :bounce:

did anyone hear of the bugfix, as was mentioned earlier in onother threat, about the rendering times ´and all that ?

well with all this news and with al this ever growing functionallity

ROCK´n ROLL :buttrock:

@admiral ra: softbodydynamics will go the long dark jorney through the mines of mo......eechem :wise: ..ehh: test builds, tuhopoo, bf..until it is finally integrated......so, don´t be hasty ;)

Tizmo
06-23-2004, 11:58 AM
The aqsis integration is also on it's way, won't make it into the 2.34 release but I didn't see it on your other list :D

Apollux
06-23-2004, 03:29 PM
JULY (sorry).

And Yes, I forgot to include the Aqsis/Pixie thing :p

The softbody features are already available for everybody to test at the ¨Test Build¨ forum of www.blender.org.

hanzo
06-23-2004, 10:02 PM
heh I was surfing around www.blender.org (http://www.blender.org) and saw these cool promises 2 days ago, I like these enhancements, especially ATI bug fix, and return of the stand-alone game player...

now I might be able to get crackin :D

Ollarin
06-24-2004, 04:13 AM
@admiral ra: softbodydynamics will go the long dark jorney through the mines of mo......eechem ..ehh: test builds, tuhopoo, bf..until it is finally integrated......so, don´t be hasty
Ahhh...Fudgemuffins. Oh well. At least its coming sometime. :bounce:

Lourdelle
06-25-2004, 03:12 PM
The most important news is (i hope it will be inetgrate in 2.34) the lscm uv unwarp system (after cube sphere bounds from windows...) this system with seam is very very usefull. This is the most important news since the 2.3 release (for me)
some link for illustrate :
LSCM => http://www.loria.fr/~levy/Galleries/LSCM/index.html (http://http://www.loria.fr/%7Elevy/Galleries/LSCM/index.html)
Tuhopuu lscm win => http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3754
Tuhopuu linux => http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3732

i hope it will help you ...

gabio
06-29-2004, 06:17 PM
a c-p from the CVS commit:
Log:
- added octal tree node optimalization of MetaBall polygonisation
polygonization of 512 MetaBalls:
- version 2.33a: 76 s
- current cvs version 8 s

- button "Never" is added in button window: Metaballs are polygonized
only during render time (it is useful for particle animation) http://e-learning.vslib.cz/hnidek/misc/bowl_metaballs.blend (http://e-learning.vslib.cz/hnidek/misc/bowl_VOIDballs.blend) insane!
With the new particle effect done by leon, i can this a very possible fluid dynamic alternative. Animating a fountain for ex. will be so easy and fast!

JA-forreal
07-04-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm really hoping on Renderman compliant export support with the next Blender release, along with everthing else of course.

JA-forreal
07-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Boy, I get dizzy just by thinking of the things that could be achieved by merging the new Particle efects and the sofbody dinamics. i.e. A totally stormy sea, with waves, wind, sea foam and whatnot !! :drool:
I would just sit frozen in front of my PC in amazement if this came to pass.

bbirras
07-06-2004, 02:52 AM
m really hoping on Renderman compliant export support with the next Blender release

I do not think so. it is not quite ready yet......maybe (as in MAY BE)in 2.35

:shrug:

oden
07-09-2004, 11:37 AM
to heat up the expectations I can tell you now that in latest cvs and in future 2.34, creases with different weights for subsurfed meshes are now a fact!

really awsome :) !

harkyman
07-12-2004, 06:04 PM
For everyone who hates the long, horrible process of assigning and massaging UV coordinates, the current vesion of tuhopuu is experimenting with LCSM, a seam-based automatic (and beautiful when it works correctly) UV mapping system that can make useable, good UV maps on even very complex geometry (eg. a quadruped). The tests look fabulous. If they can work out the kinks and bring it into the main foundation release it will literally change the way that people decide to work (to UV or not UV). It won't be in 2.34, but it sure is something to look forward to.

bbirras
07-12-2004, 10:44 PM
u can bet on that
won't be in 2.34, but it sure is something to look forward to.

lookin´forward to it, lookin´forward to it, lookin´forward to it, lookin´forward to it, lookin´forward to it.....

everything that gives an alternative to the existing, chineese carving like system(u know these little miniature palasts, carved out of a 1inch piece of wood), is more than wellcome!

will it be like steve cox´s stuff?...Doesn´t sound like it...........a well I´ll have a look myself.....
problem with this "not quite ready functions" is, that it gives u an idea what it´ll be like once done, but dosn´t bring u any further in ur actual production.But it may help to find bugs, so it´s kind of being part of the development

---------
If they can work out the kinks and bring it into the main foundation release it will literally change the way that people decide to work (to UV or not UV)
UV or not UV is there an alternative?> TOON-shading!
---------
I need 36h a day

edit: just checkin it out..and great... it will deffinately be a BIG improvement
----

brkn
07-13-2004, 06:20 AM
It won't be in 2.34, but it sure is something to look forward to.

Actually, there's a good chance it might be in 2.34, now :)

bbirras
07-13-2004, 10:39 AM
this is what its all about:

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/lukep_test.323.0.html
:applause:

gabio
07-13-2004, 02:54 PM
a test build is available here for you to try.
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4046

i tried it fro only 5 minute and i could unwrap a complex organic mesh. isn't that cool? Just need to understand the system: you have to cut(seams) to make sure evrything can be put as a disk(no loop) so it look like a sheet of paper you put on a table. Ex: unwrap a sphere is very easy cut in the middle and you'll get two disks.

harkyman
07-13-2004, 05:31 PM
I haven't been reading the committers and cvs commits mailing lists the last two weeks and missed this:

http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-blender-cvs/2004-July/001983.html

(This is a link to the commit log for the feature - read the "Log:" section for a description and links to the original papers on the subject.

It seams(ha!) that LSCM will indeed be showing up in 2.34.

Wow.

Polou
07-14-2004, 05:00 AM
[QUOTE=Apollux]It is a very rought stimate, but they (should I dare to say ¨we¨) are planning to relase on the week of Juy 19th - 25 th. QUOTE]

it's now the 14th.. do you know more about it?
Thanks
Polou

Apollux
07-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Honestly I don' t know what to say. We were supposed to pass into B-con 3 long time ago, but new features has been comming in a steady flow from many developers.

So I guess that the managers decided to leave the lucky strike to continue running before they lock the CVS.

The moment the CVS is frozen we officially enter B-CON 3, about one week from that all pending code should be submited and we enter B-CON 4 for pre-release testing (about another week), and then finally we are into B-CON 5: Release time :D

Polou
07-14-2004, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=Apollux]Honestly I don' t know what to say.

Don't worry, I do understand and thank you for taking the time to answer.

Have a nice day.
Polou

BgDM
07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Man, LSCM is making my life just so nice to live. This is one fo the greatest features added to Blender.

Now, with the new Ramp shaders coming in a couple of weeks as well, I think I may pee my pants with excitement! :D

BgDM

Apollux
07-14-2004, 11:57 PM
This is a hell of a Warming up that we are getting!!!

I don't know if 2.34 will be the best release ever, but certainly it already is the most anticipated one.... well, maybe 2.30 was as expected, but I'm having my doubts.

Apollux
07-15-2004, 12:00 AM
OMG!!!

We are in B-CON 3 now !!!!

Release will be first week of august !! :eek:

Apollux
07-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Just to keep the heat even worse, these are EXTRA new functions confirmed for 2.34 :love:

Point-n-click color picker
Better OSA (Somebody hold me, I might faint)
Ramp Shading
Wipe FXs on the Sequence Editor
Truly armature/lattice animated particle emisors, that allow for animated hair.

hanzo
07-15-2004, 12:25 AM
dude were are you getting this good news!?

I think your right I haven't been looking forward to a blender release this much in a long time but this one has me going!...

Truly armature/lattice animated particle emisors, that allow for animated hair.
WOW! F@UC this IS going to be Sweet @rss release..

Apollux
07-15-2004, 12:41 AM
dude were are you getting this good news!?

LOL
Well... the fact that I'm the beta tester for the Linux Platform Management Team helps a litte bit
:twisted:

... but I seldonly post anything here that hasn't been officially disclosed by the team managers. In this ocasion the statements (with cool graphics) are at http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Current_Projects.232.0.html

About the animated hair, there even is a demo movie online, check it out at http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Misc.355.0.html

harkyman
07-15-2004, 10:21 PM
One of the great things about Blender being open source is that pretty much anyone can be a "beta tester" is they care enough to try. All you need is the ability to follow some fairly technical but straightforward instructions on how download and compile the Blender sources. Or, you can grab one of the semi-daily binary builds posted in the forums on blender.org, then report your experiences right there in that same thread.

In the Blender community, you have as much "power" as you care to, based on how much effort you are willing to put forth.

wolfmanyoda
07-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Animated hair....animated hair...
That will be so cool! :bounce:

bbirras
07-17-2004, 12:44 AM
One of the great things about Blender being open source is that pretty much anyone can be a "beta tester" is they care enough to try.x...........
.......In the Blender community, you have as much "power" as you care to, based on how much effort you are willing to put forth.

right! 2 factors: 1)Time 2) knowledge: was it a bug or did I mess it up

sometimes, when there is a new build I hunt for bugs push scenes to the limit and when I finaly get some malfunction.. it is allready reported at .org, cause some wizzkid with all the time in the world did the same....but well, this does not mean one should not do it.

I would still encourage people to do the same, hunt for bugs now and then, thats the least we can do, in order to help improving blender and not only take, but give as well. (even if it is just an intend....it might help to prevent ugly surprises to a lot[who does not remember the moment when blender crashes and you remember that you didn't Ctrl W for a long time)

Apollux
07-17-2004, 03:55 AM
I' m doing my share of bug hunting, already reported 2 dependencies errors for the Linux version... let' s see what else is to be found ;)

Apollux
07-17-2004, 04:32 AM
I just spent a few minutes toying with the pre-release version (available on the testing forum) and it isn't as amazing as I was expecting. Actually it is even more amazing !!!

Why nowbody told me that the Intersect tool was back into Blender?... now I feel like I'm going to explode in laughting any given second !!!

Some more new things to look at:
The new pivot modes
The new zoom modes
now you can tell wich object are selected and wich aren't while in shaded view.

:applause:

Isopod
07-17-2004, 01:37 PM
is there any mention of improvement for the toon shading function? Like better Edge rendering?

cheers,
--Isopod

hanzo
07-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Game Engine Kester Maddock continues the work on the gameengine, by adding a huge amount of python reference documentation, new cool features like shadow mapping and multi-texture, getting blenderplayer compiled and working, and Ortho camera support to mention a few.

also BCON4 is on the 25 sunday... ;)

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/public/shadows.sized.jpg

lukep
07-27-2004, 10:55 PM
We are passing in Bcon-4 any time soon now (in the next 24H normally).

So it is time to grab a test build at blender.org forums and help us to chase the bugs.

The more the pre-release are tested, less bugs we will suffer after.

thanks

zero0w
07-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Just want to confirm it, will Blender 2.34 officially support importing wings3d and other new format?

lukep
07-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Just want to confirm it, will Blender 2.34 officially support importing wings3d and other new format?

There is a wings exporter/importer in the release. I don't know how well it works. In the past I used flawlessly the .Obj one.

there is 15 exporters and 11 importers scripts shipped along with the 4 natively supported formats

Apollux
07-28-2004, 11:12 PM

Wings? No
Others? Maybe

I checked on the CVS tree and unless they change them at last minute, the Wings import/export scripts are the original ones made by Scorpious... and those scripts has been broken since Blender 2.33. With a really small modification* the import script can be brough back to life, but I hadn't any luck with the export one.

* That small modification is really simply and is widely documented on all blender forums, so I wonder why the CVS maintainer hasn't done it? Only possible explanation would be to respect the original script author's copyright or something similar.

About new formats, as a matter of fact, they are a lot of new import/export scripts around, specially when it comes to game engines.. but I don't know for a sure wich one made it into the official CVS tree.

Apollux
07-29-2004, 05:13 AM
A few minutes ago Willian Padovani (one of the guys responsible for Blender's development) was kind enought to point me out that the versions of the wing I/O scripts currently stored in the CVS tree has been recently re-worked by the author and now should work just fine.

:bounce:

zero0w
07-29-2004, 05:55 AM
A few minutes ago Willian Padovani (one of the guys responsible for Blender's development) was kind enought to point me out that the versions of the wing I/O scripts currently stored in the CVS tree has been recently re-worked by the author and now should work just fine.

:bounce:
Great, so wings format support should be officially available in 2.34, that will be cool.

An open source 3D workflow is taking shape with Wings3d and Blender. Hopefully Terraform will join them in the future.

Lourdelle
07-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Blender 2.34 release is fixed for the day after tomorrow© lol

So you must be ready to click for download it.

A Pre Blender 2.34 is available in blender.org forum, but bugs fix and special options are not available yet

Apollux
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Girls, did you used some super-glue on you panties?

No!! then you better do it now.....

We just entered B-CON 4 !!!! :eek:

Apollux
08-02-2004, 04:30 AM
Just for you to know it, thursday 5th will be D day, stay tunned :p

Ollarin
08-02-2004, 05:27 AM
Just for you to know it, thursday 5th will be D day, stay tunned
Wooohoo! 3 more days!:D

Can't wait! :|

wolfmanyoda
08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
*looks at calendar*
*checks clock*
*sigh*
*grabs hatchet and sharpening stone*
Just kidding :)

wolfmanyoda
08-05-2004, 09:27 PM
*Throws hatchet out the window*
It's downloading right now, man!!!!

Ollarin
08-06-2004, 03:38 AM
YAY! *Goes to download 2.34*

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.