PDA

View Full Version : Characters: Superbike Battlearmour

duma
06-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi,

I'm working on an animation featuring this trio of mercs I modeled using Max4. They were inspired by Star Wars speederbikes, Robotech Cyclones, and some comix! I used animal models for the bikes, like this first character's name is Cheetah the other two to the left are Rhino and the team leader Jaguar respectively.

I am looking for a job in either modeling or animation and can be reached through my profile.

Frank Dodd
06-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I think the top image is a little confusing due to the reflections across the metallic surface but it certainly gets better as you move down the images. The final image fits together very well and reminds me a lot of the Tribes 2 armour style. I think the suit could have been designed to fit together a little better, but what you have appears mobile stylish and should look great in an animation.

Nice one.

baoling
06-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Some parts are too dark and I can't see the details... I think they need more lights....

duma
06-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks Frank! Yeah I see what you mean about the reflections and thanks for the "it get's better" comment. Tribes 2 i'm not so familiar with but the primary inspiration was Robotechs Cyclone battlearmour modified as if with Invid tech.

I just realized after posting that the title is a bit confusing as the bikes seem to be missing. Actually they are wearing the bikes(transform). I will post a group shot in bike mode and basic armour.

Baoling, good point I see what you mean. I will play with the third ref image lighting so you can see better details!

Here is a pic of the character Cheetah on her superbike and in basic armour.

I'll see if i can do a print screen wire pic along with that relit group shot and post it this afternoon!

duma
06-24-2004, 01:27 AM
This is Rhino's bike. It's a "chopper hog meets the future" type base.

duma
06-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Here's a shaded wire. I tried to keep the files reasonably small so they will load faster ..hope this helps. Each character sits around 30,000-50,000 polys(including transformable body armour) so total comes in between 110-150k polys. Had to keep em this low as my comp only has 512mb memory.

Daidalus
06-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Wow, looks great. You should make the hovercyclone too.

http://www.magicbicycle.net/_rts/Elimages/Hovercyclon.gif
http://www.robotech.com/images/content/ART_2430_2_7705.jpg

oj3332
06-27-2004, 09:24 PM
wow really nice characters :thumbsup: better than anything I can do with people right now!!!

only thing I noticed was the one on the right with the ninja type swords...maybe holding it a little too low on the tsuba...and the other thing is the Cheetah bike...really nice, but where the wheels (would be)...the mudguard type thing..can't help but wonder what they would look like the other way up...with the curve underneath...it wouldnt look as aggressive and 'cattish'...but I dunno...I just keep seeing them getting caught on something as theyre hovering along...but that's just my opinion...

good work :)

Olz.

duma
06-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Hi oj3332 (http://cgtalk.com/member.php?u=66411)!

Thanks I realized tha sword part as you said it ....hmmm have to correct that here's a closer look B4 i correct your suggestion ... Thanks again!

As per the mudguard thingy yeah i know what you mean ..I cant stop smiling as I can see it happening ..he-hee!! LOL I can't get that picture out of my head ...as she Zings along at "incalculable" speeds "WHAMM" she hits a pothole or a stupid pre-iceage nutchasing squirel! ;)

I'm a little curious. I was wondering what you all thought about Cheetah ...if I should make her blonde or brunette?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.