PDA

View Full Version : David

elliotrosenstei
06-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to get some opinions before I start to animate. He was modeled in XSI 3.5 in standard rigging pose and then moved into his current position. Any feedback would be appriciated. Thanks

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eelliotrosenstein/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/newdavid.jpg

woadiestyol
06-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Crap, nice modeling. I can't believe nobody's replied to this yet! It's probably the pose, but what's that line running down his left side and leg? Also, I don't know if this is the style you're going for, but the head seems a tad bit big. On the real David, I think the neck is pretty big but the head is actually small...he's supposed to be 8 1/2 heads high if I remember correctly.

lubiya
06-22-2004, 08:14 PM
this is amazing!

ntmonkey
06-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Wow, seriously nice modeling. David is always a classic. Great work man. I agree with woadiestoyl, the head is a bit big. Still, being nitpicky...damn nice model.

peace,

Lu

Dennik
06-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Great clean model you got there! U must spended lots of time on the details i bet.
Except from the head that was already mentioned, there is a light line on his hip over the right arm, that looks kinda wrong, i don't know if its back lighting or a rope, it just looks strange.
Otherwise great job!

elliotrosenstei
06-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks all,

I just made the head smaller, the line is the the sling that falls down his back and held by his right hand, I guess it's too thick. I'm animating him, so the sling is a separate element. Michelangelo's is just barely cut into the marble. I'll make it thinner. I'll post some animation soon.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.