PDA

View Full Version : Combustion tutorials update!

moovieboy
07-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Hey Combustion people!

I know how difficult it's been looking for ANY kind of tutorials for Combustion, but I've been fortunate enough to find a few more out there... Who-hoo!! :thumbsup:

http://www.creativesunshine.com/zebra/index.htm

Click on "work" and look in their "test and tuts" link... There are two so far:
1) Video and beauty work, covering color and skin.
2) Adding DOF (depth of field) in post

http://www.discreet.com/support/tutorials/tutorials_combustion.php

These are five "hidden" tutorials on Discreet's Web site. I'm sure some of you have already found these, but for those of us who haven't poked into every corner there... :D

And last, although this is not on-line, I would recommend the "Combustion 2 Fundamentals Courseware" book from Discreet. It has 37 additional tutorials (of which I'm on #25). The finished projects look dreadfully "cheap," but what they're teaching you as you make each project goes well beyond the original tutorials included with your program. ISBN 1-56444-025-7

I hope I can find more in the future... Or, maybe I'll break down and make a few of my own! :D

-Tom

beej
07-24-2002, 10:29 PM
:beer: where do you work moovieboy? you seem pretty schooled in comp art.

moovieboy
07-24-2002, 10:54 PM
By day, I'm the digital artist for a Los Angeles Newspaper, doing all of the illustrations, graphics, charts, maps... you name it.

By night, I freelance doing everything from comp/roto/3D/map work for the discovery channels (Discovery, Travel, Learning) to editing trailers and making posters for Sundance Labs films through UCLA...

The schooling in comping comes primarily from taking the crappy photos/slides that the Hollywood studios give in their press kits and making them into original movie posters for our Rave! magazine...

How bout you beej? What keeps you compin? :)

-Tom

beej
07-24-2002, 11:29 PM
wow that's great, sounds like you are really busy (but not too busy to post here!) actually my old roomate just moved to redondo beach; which is a bit of a coincidence.

i'm pretty new to this. i only just graduated from film school here 3 months ago. i've recently gotten a job lined up with a company in Sydney called rising sun pictures (www.rsp.com.au) as a juniour compositor. Im anxious to leave but they are waiting on a feature proposal to get settled before they can tell me when they need me. it sounds like its coming together though so i'm pretty excited! i thought id be doing infomercials for sure(!). They won't tell me what the movie it is yet but they've promised me its something big...:bounce: i'm putting together plans b & c if that falls apart but i think its pretty concrete.

until i heard from rsp, ive been working on my own stuff & helping out current students for their projects, etc. the bear was going to be my next big shot but a job is better!

can i see any of your work somewhere?

-bryan

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.