PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max vertex hell

Cyberclay
07-24-2002, 02:46 AM
hi all .:eek:

I need help with welding vertexes together succesfully.

I mirror my model and attach the two together.....my current pixel target is at 1 pixel.
I then weld the two oppostie together , but i still have a gap running throught it even after i attached all vertexes together!!!!!

:(The trouble is with extrusions.......welding them!!!!!)

Plz help i've been through welding soo many times , but still end up with a uneven/gapped mesh.
:applause

Chris
07-24-2002, 03:03 AM
sounds wierd, if you have in fact welded all the vertices together, then you just cannot have a gap - the two are mutually exclusive. can you pull the edges apart? I always end up selection the border, converting that to vertex level & scaling it on the horisontal axis before mirroring it, it means all the vertices line up vertically... How about target welding?

Cyberclay
07-24-2002, 04:54 AM
Thx for youre reply

I edited the previuos message to say that the problem lies with the extrusions.

Normal vertexes seem to do fine ,but its when the vertical axis gets more than 2 points ,when:shrug: it gets messy!

I have tried target welding ,i dont think i do it right.:thumbsdow
*I seem to get the SELECTED welding right* :thumbsup:

visualboo
07-24-2002, 05:01 AM
Make sure you delete the inside facing polys. Also, try and collapse them instead of welding.

Hope that works for you :)

Cyberclay
07-24-2002, 05:41 AM
I will try it all ....this is a normal image i did without the extrusions.

I think that collapse thing might work!

I should have been more clear in the first message sorry kiwi:beer:

Oh by the way i am a vegan...LOL.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.