Dementor3D
06-22-2004, 12:41 PM
this picture is done in c4d.
tooks over 20 hours to render it...
~1,3 mio polygons
http://www.d3d-design.de/gallery/full/hangar.jpg

jkyoutsey
06-22-2004, 02:39 PM
I like the design. But it is way too clean. This is so clean you could do surgery in here. If it's a hangar then it should be quite dirty. Even if the ship is mostly clean, the hanger would be dirty.

Although the ship is pretty the unbroken smooth surfaces seem very unreal. Perhaps a few seams here and there to break it up.

In general, it all is just too white. Feels like I need my sunglasses. :cool:

arona
06-22-2004, 03:00 PM
very nice. im not agree that it must be dirty. everything that we creat must not be dirty(even in the real world it would). its brilliant and comes so nice to my eyes. maby yeah a little too white but very nice. but the polycount is very high for this scene.

PhilWesson
06-22-2004, 03:02 PM
That kinda reminds me of the batmobile in one of the batman movies. I like the design, but i'm unsure about the texture...

Dementor3D
06-22-2004, 03:15 PM
thanks guys...:)

the polycount is so high because the mesh is very bad done...
so used a very high subdevision...

its so white because its a future ceramic... :wise:

Awards:
3rd place in "PC-Gameshardware render contest" :thumbsup:

Ch3
06-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Nasa's hangars could be so clean. But by the time the ship has weapons, I think it needs quite a lot of dirt and maybe not so shiny.
Also i think, there isnt much of a contranst between the ship and the background, so is hard for the eye to get the shape of the ship rather than those black tubes.
As jkyoutsey wrote, some seams would be nice. By the time you have exterior details like the tubes, guns and engines which brake the aerodynamic form, there is no point in having a super smooth surface.

other than that, the scene looks really nice :thumbsup:

ZombieLuv
06-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Very unique design, I like it. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.