PDA

View Full Version : VFS Animation reel- 'ten minutes or less'

bluegrl
06-21-2004, 08:24 PM
I just completed the 3d Animation and Visual Effects program at Vancouver Film School. Here is my student reel 'Ten Minutes or Less'. The audio is still likely to change a bit. I would love to hear what you all think of the film. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Please enjoy!

Thanks,

Amanda

link directly to film: (RIGHT CLICK AND 'SAVE TARGET AS') 13.8MB
http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/vids/atoperoff_10minorless.mov (http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/vids/atoperoff_10minorless.mov)

link to website:
http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/ (http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/)

http://www.vfs.com/~3d44amanda/images/CGtalk.jpg

Holycow
06-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Your link produces a 404.

BeCOOL_MiN
06-21-2004, 08:31 PM
FiNALLY..

You Did it!
Sam is finally debut. He so Cute ( as you said, haha.. )

It's been quite fun and hard one year, Amanda.
I think you worked really hard and deserve some things.

Wish Good Luck Out There..

bluegrl
06-21-2004, 08:35 PM
thanks for trying Holycow. unfortunately, the VFS server doesn't allow direct links so you have to right click and 'save target as'. hope it works. amanda

Reserved24hrs
06-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Cool~! I love it..... keep in touch

NP.

3d43naveen
06-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Thats a good reel amanda u have come a long way good work!!! again keep up the good work

coshey
06-22-2004, 07:49 PM
I love your reel Amanda. It must feel good to be finally done! Keep up the good work Amanda. Good luck job hunting.

-Chad Fraser

KolbyJukes
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Whazzuh! You're done! AWESOME!

it must feel nice to be done...Good luck with finding a job, I doubt you'll have any problems :)

Sorry i was such an anti-social asshole all year ;)

-Kolby.

robin3d
06-23-2004, 02:19 AM
The animation is great :) one thing to consider thou, i thought the knife trick in the begining felt a litle bit powerless and weightless, other than that wonderfull :)

Goodluck with the findin job :)

Bygzam
06-23-2004, 04:52 AM
wow~~! it's sooooo good to see your reel in here Amanda!
awsome animation!!
Again, same as every one "Keep up the good work!"

Kol:
i thouht i'm more anti-social asshole then anyone else in class..-_-"

-Poping:)

KolbyJukes
06-23-2004, 05:06 AM
Kol:

LOL! No, you're just quiet :) I'm really an asshole.

-Kol.

KolbyJukes
06-23-2004, 05:06 AM
Kol:

LOL! No, you're just quiet :) I'm really an asshole.

-Kol.

Jesse-Irvin
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Amanda! Awesome work! I remember when you were still working on a ball push. You have come soo far! Congrats!

bluegrl
06-23-2004, 11:24 PM
hey guys,

thanks so much for all of the kind words and advice.

BeCool_MiN - you rock. and, sam thinks you're cute too. don't leave.

NP- i will definitely keep in touch. No P, No P. when will we see 'curiosity' up here?

Naveen and Chad- thanks guys. It was a fun year and am excited to see what you guys get up to next.

Kwak- anti-social: YES. asshole: DEFINITELY NOT. but, we all had fun giving you a hard time. we missed you at grad. we'll send you a version of the video. how's madison? go check out some music on the terrace!

Poping- quiet: YES. asshole: DEFINITELY NOT EITHER.

Robin - thanks for the comment on the knife. i'll work on it. hope your stuff is going well.

jesse- it's been a long road. thanks for always being a great resource.

Heber
06-24-2004, 12:47 AM
hi , i saw some short clips off this on your website awhole back , cool to see it done , congrats on putting out a great animation and best of luck
-heber

3d43lea
06-24-2004, 01:40 AM
AAAAMANDA!

Your reel really kicks ass! I'm sorry I tried to smooth out Sam's bum in term 4 hehe he looks great now :bounce: The style of your reel looks spectacular! I'm so happy that I got to know you during VFS, thanx for mentioning 3d43 in your grad speech!

Good luck with everything! Keep in touch ok?

LotsaLuvLea

sempiternal
06-24-2004, 02:45 AM
oh yeah that was pretty awesome!!:eek:

great animation, but it was sooo cool to actually see a bit of a story actually happening too. i'm just starting to notice a lot of animations are just being animations for the sake of it without actually having any depth to it, this was actually interesting and entertaining. i can't think of any crits to give, i really loved it.

how long did this take to do?

well done anyway, hope the hard work pays off for you!!:thumbsup:

Package
06-24-2004, 06:48 AM
Thats some great work Amanda. I've enjoyed how your reel has come together and the extra time you put into it has really paid off.

BVZM
06-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Hi blue eyes!

U still alive!
As I told you, you did a great job. Your artistic side is growing a lot. How many scenes did u add in the little smelly room?
All the best for you but.. why you disappear?
The magnet is not working anymore..
Miss you..

From Rome..

Flud's Keeper
06-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Wow, it turned out super cool. I think you came a long way with your animatin' styles since t4. If I ever start liking sushi, I'm definately ordering from Sammy.

It was great to know you, and good luck with your job hunt.

Marine Biologists rule!!

Take Care
Bart

halogirl
06-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Hi Amanda,
First of all, that poster of yours kicks serious ass. I always thought your story was so cute, and you are one of the hardest workers I've ever met. Your animation has changed so much since the last time I saw it, you did a wonderful job.

Best wishes from the Northeast,
Alissa

ngarte
06-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Heeeellloooo A-MAN-DA!!!

Great to finally see your reel online. Been waiting patiently for it. Everything turn out wonderful and I can still remember you stressing over your animation. See, everything work out just fine... cos of all the work you have put in...

I wish you all the very best... Come visit me in Singapore : )

adrian ng
www.ngarte.com (http://www.ngarte.com)

Turntablism Rocks!

ksedore
07-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Hey Amanda,

You're super! Your animation is super! And Sam is super! No matter how much we had to convince you of these things at times, you really are a great animator. Who knew marine biologists could animate?! JA JA JA! You know I'm just teasing. (I have to make sure though...you know, I have that no sense of humour thing!) Honestly though, I totally respect and admire you. You work so hard. You do what you think is right (even J walking!) You're fun and a great friend. You truly made this past year a lot of fun for our class. See you in California...or Australia...or Hawaii...or...who knows where!

Kristin

PS: I have your hand lotion! You can't leave Canada without it!

winstonxyz
07-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Great job Amanda :thumbsup:

Nice to see your reel, I like the flow of your animation!!!

Best Wishes,

Winston
REEL (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1428208#post1428208)
3d45winston@vfs.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.