PDA

View Full Version : Evil Boar Rider

teacup
07-23-2002, 10:34 PM
Just thought I'd show my current workings, low poly character, 1500 tris, one square texture.
I've just about finished the boars texture, still need to do the arse but wasn't sure how to, any suggestions??

The pics are just screen grabs from max, so all the shading is in the texture.

Any crits or suggestions very welcome

illOgic
07-24-2002, 02:07 PM
hahaha , well....your kinda on your own there. not sure either. prolly look for some pics of animals from behind... but im not sure how to handle this one. good luck.

Ragamuffin
07-24-2002, 04:25 PM
First of all, really cool character(s)...

Hm.. you could cover it by a tail but since you already UVW unwraped it. So I have no idea but to highlight and such :)

teacup
08-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Well here is the finished model, I did some extra work on the rider. The boar still doesn't have a proper arse, I just couldn't be bothered, and I'm happy with the rest of it so I'm gonna leave it as it is. (Unless theres something obvious that I've not noticed that I've just 'got' to change??)

1496 Tris, 1 512 texture

Whirlwind
08-02-2002, 07:44 PM
As far as the rear goes, I personally would have just extended to cloak further down to cover it. Oh well, on with the crits.
The overall model and texture is good, in all honesty I think its a fine finished piece. My only crits are more of a personal taste, so by all means take them with a grain of salt :)
I personally think you should have pushed the proportions on the model more. It honestly doesn't say Evil Boar Rider to me, just boar rider. Make the horns wickedly long and curved and perhaps make the overall physique of the boar more resemble that of a bulldog. As far as the rider goes, I would have made the cloak far longer, and the cowl of his hood droop down much more, almost past his shoulders. As far as textureing goes, push the darks and lights more, add tints of complimentary colors, greens maybe some purple(subtle though), to give the overall texture more depth. Also, possible add glowing eyes from within the hood. Maybe tatter the cloth more, make it look rotten and decayed. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm slaughtering your piece, because what you have is good, its just my personal take on what I would have done. Hoped they've helped.
Keep grinding away,
-D

SpiderMunky
08-03-2002, 05:11 PM
not bad dave. My Evil Pixie was far more evil though. Until he was tragically deleted.

Anyway. I personally think the boar should be bigger. Like the size of an elephant. Looks good overall tho.

Nice Work.

Greg

Grooveholmes
08-03-2002, 10:20 PM
yeah, a tail would help give it more "balance"

Heh heh, along the lines of what Whirlwind said.. Your pentagrams are upside down. And some tatters to the cloak would be nice also.

teacup
08-04-2002, 03:05 PM
It was supposed to be more 'evil boar' rider so the rider is just human really. I originally wanted the rider to look kinda like the emperor from star wars with a big billowing cloak, but that would need all sorts of cloth dynamics to work as an ingame model, so I toned it down a bit. And I was getting a bit bored with the model so I just blacked out his face so it wasn't visible.
I've got so many half finished pieces that I keep thinking "oh if I changed this it would be better and just never completely finish it", so I decided to just leave it and move on. An finished average model is better than an unfinished good model

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.