PDA

View Full Version : this part of forum dead?

Byla
06-21-2004, 06:38 AM
So, this part of forum is pretty much dead? What, noone uses shake or doesnt have any questions about it?

Hugh
06-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Uh... how long has there been a Shake section???

The posts tell me quite a while, but I've never seen it here before (I suspect that someone went through the general compositing forum moving all of the Shake posts to here...)

Anyway, I'm a big Shake user.... It will be interesting to see who else on here uses it...

Byla
06-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Well I am starting to use it. And I like the architecture and the feeling of it. But what I hate the most is the lack of tutorials. Thats why I am wondering if this cmiStudios video tutorials (payable) are any good? It should got from beginning stages to advanced ones

alexx
06-21-2004, 08:37 AM
emm.. this one is new!

they might only have moved some old shake threads in here..

great there is one now.

cheers

alexx

Hugh
06-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.... to be honest, I'm not entirely convinced by them....

I've not found any really good online teaching for Shake (there are a few courses around - one that I know of here in London)

I was fortunate enough to learn by doing stuff in my spare time at the place I used to work. The head comper there was happy to help me out as and when I had any questions...

Byla
06-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Ok lets open a new thread about learning shake

beaker
06-21-2004, 11:17 PM
The Shake section is brand new. I was at VES for the last 4 days when they added the forum so I haven't got around to moving threads into here.

Hugh
06-22-2004, 08:31 AM
I was at VES for the last 4 days when they added the forum.
How was it? We had a couple of reports over at VFXTalk about a couple of the talks - I'd love to be able to go (although it's a bit far/expensive from here....)

Ross Forster
06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
It's nice to see another forum come alive for Shake, especially here. At the moment some of the sites about, which one would expect to have a lot of traffic, simply don't. Hopefully this one will be used well!

Oh and Hugh, I second that. :)

GNelke
06-24-2004, 12:21 AM
Cool! Glad this thread is here. I've been using Shake for about a month now and I really like the node based system. Only forum for Shake I know of is at Highend2D.

Hugh
06-24-2004, 07:48 AM
<braces for backlash from beaker> (he did ask, though, and it is pertinent information! ;))

Only forum for Shake I know of is at Highend2D. VFXTalk.com (http://www.vfxtalk.com) also has a Shake forum - VFXTalk is specifically for compositing stuff....

FKMaster
06-24-2004, 03:21 PM
VFXTalk.com (http://www.vfxtalk.com) also has a Shake forum - VFXTalk is specifically for compositing stuff....[/QUOTE]

yeh ! new design !.............. looks good:thumbsup:

Ross Forster
06-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah, if you look you will probably find quite a few others than the major ones like VFXTalk or highend2d, but I think some of the problem lies with the fact that there are so many...leaving the userbase spread out, hence the sporadic posting on some of them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.