PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: "Eleanor" Shelby Mustang GT500S

tjnyc
06-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Hey,

Here is the finished "Eleanor" the modified Shelby Mustang GT500S from the movie Gone in Sixty Seconds. Modeled in Silo3d and rendered in C4D. Appreciate any comments.

Cheers,

http://www.telescript.com/images/tony/mustang_front.jpg

http://www.telescript.com/images/tony/mustang_angle.jpg

http://www.telescript.com/images/tony/mustang_back.jpg

http://www.telescript.com/images/tony/mustang_wire1.jpg

http://www.telescript.com/images/tony/mustang_wire2.jpg

sempiternal
06-21-2004, 02:12 AM
awesome work dude, very nice. surfacing looks nice, headlights are also pretty nicely done too. one thing that stood out at first was that the wheels didn't seem to be sitting on the ground, i don't know why but yeah it just didn't look right, i think its the intesity of the shadow around the wheel on the ground. don't know:shrug:

got a close up of the wheel? by the wireframe seems like you put a bit of effort into the detail there, show it off:thumbsup:

very nice images

gimpgutter
06-21-2004, 03:29 AM
well, it looks as though u are hiding something by rendering it in black and white (off hue). But its weird...i just watched the original Gone in Sixt Seconds from 1974 about a week ago, and got to see this car ina ction. aslo, the tires look a lil plain, but it could be the lack of color of the whole image. Overall, modeling looks tight. i dont know how u could stand silo the whole time (it slows me down compared to max).

But, overall its looking good and great to not see 350z's or porsches. (both of which im guilty of modeling, lol)

JDMedia
06-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Very very nice modeling... I really would like to drive that car ;)

blax_ed
06-21-2004, 08:38 AM
nice film...

nice car..

nice work...

Gone in 60 Seconds...

Eleanor i love u!! ;)

Sanctuary
06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
very nice model you got there, ... have one in your backyard or did you use blueprints as reference ?

blacknoise
06-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Eleanor, I want YOU!!!

seriously... great work. nothing to creat. maybe the body should be more metallic and less plastic... but even that... awesome. i couldnt do better.

bn.

arona
06-21-2004, 02:55 PM
great.awesome.

tjnyc
06-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Thanks fellas. To answer a few comments, it is tricky in C4D to get the soft shadows to stick in certain viewing angles. I usually fix the problem in comp, but I just made a straight render of this. I adjusted the hue and sat to get a more classic look since it was a classic car. Unfortunately I didn't have any blueprints or an actual car to model from so I just got whatever images I can online to use as reference.

Cheers,

flingster
06-21-2004, 03:10 PM
hey tony was curious as how you would go with this as it seems a departure from some of the other stuff of yours i've seen model wise...but the result is stunning...i love the colouring of that render...sublime matey..

tjnyc
06-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I don't do vehicles much, this is the 4th I've done with polys. I prefer character modeling, but I like to stretch my modeling muscle so to speak now and again and do something different. I wanted to model this mustang for a long time, but haven't had the time. I also have plans to incorporate it into another piece down the road.

Cheers,

AdamT
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
The model is damn-near perfect--fantastic! As noted the shadows could use some attention. This definitely deserves a nice GI render. :applause:

bravoo
06-21-2004, 04:50 PM
One of the most beutiful car ever, love the shelby mustang serie... by the way, good work...

ENIAC
06-21-2004, 05:14 PM
wow shelby, beutyful car
good modeling....:thumbsup:

sabaman
06-21-2004, 05:29 PM
nice work, love the renders,....

Ric535
06-21-2004, 11:39 PM
No Blueprints - You nutter :thumbsup:

chikega
06-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Tony,

I've been following your WIP in the Silo forum ... the render in C4d is looking really classy. It's a classic car and you've captured a certain duotone look with the almost monochromatic color scheme. Nice work! :)

ToddD
06-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Looks nice! A couple of things need work.
It looks like the car is floating a bit in those renders, maybe add a light overhead to ground it?
The tires stick out a little too much IMO, if you hit a bump those fender arches would take a beating.
Last thing, havent seen the movie in a while, did the car have different taillights than stock?
Overall a great piece of work!:thumbsup:

blueglitchman
09-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Looks good... just a couple things though:
- the tires stick out a bit too much and the car needs to be lowered a bit
- the door is a little high because the stripe looks a bit off, maybe you could also apply a bump to the stripes and make it a layered shader so it is a diff material than the car
- the front hood cowl scoop is a bit too high
- the top of the front valance sticks out a bit too much
- the billet grilles are a little too thick

The reason i am listing all this stuff is because this is the next car i am planning to model and i also want to buy a mustang and make it into this one ;) i have been doing a bunch of research with this car. If you own the DVD and have a DVD rom you can stick it in a take pics of the car with win DVD. well thats all. Sorry this took so long :) it is a great job so far though, way better than i can do right now. :thumbsup:

drob
10-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Nice moddeling. That would look nice in my garage.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.